Another Question

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:01 pm
W10

Default Re: Another Question

It's not that, its because they don't have any financial quals at all. And when you ask to speak to an advisor they don't know what to do.

It's like the great 'reducing balance' con, some banks don't even do another type of loan.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:41 pm
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice

Can I thank you all once again for answering what must must be some tedious questions for you all, it is most appreciated, and I must say in many instance eye opening.

I am really glad that I have come on here before actually moving out there, not that this has dissuaded me in any way, still on my way, and hope to be there for the summer months.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

so can anyone answer OP's question- what is the minimum $ do you guys think- maybe on a scale from just surviving to saving some dough?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
so can anyone answer OP's question- what is the minimum $ do you guys think- maybe on a scale from just surviving to saving some dough?
difficult to say as it all depends on lifestyle, where you want to live etc.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You can't generalise. Blue Cat, being a Posh Geordie, would need a lot more to live on than somebody who, say, came from the Scottish Borders and was quite happy riding around on a horse and stealing cattle before they came to Dubai. Don't know who that would be mind...
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
You can't generalise. Blue Cat, being a Posh Geordie, would need a lot more to live on than somebody who, say, came from the Scottish Borders and was quite happy riding around on a horse and stealing cattle before they came to Dubai. Don't know who that would be mind...
that was my husband!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
I have wondered about your name.... Obviously I know what I reiver is but I just wondered if you are actually from the borders? Great place. If you are and you are male then I suspect you play rugby? Every guy I know from the borders plays rugby. I really like guys from the borders.

Last edited by Lexylou; Apr 19th 2007 at 7:33 am.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justin riseborough
Me again.

Another question that one of you more experienced expats may be able to answer for me.

The package that I am being offered to work over here is all inclusive, so I have to pay for everything out of my salary. (in opinions, what would be a minimum, have wife and two kids, would prefer villa, but not essential)

The one thing that concerns me is the vehicle. How is easy is it to get credit, are they cheap to buy, run and insure. Do I need a local bank account as this seems to keep coming up in places that I am looking at, and if so, how easy to get.

Then there comes medical cover, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as this is weird having to think about this one as we have the NHS to fall back on here at home (for now).
Last question for now, have cats that my wife and kids are insistent on coming with us (kin expensive), is there any places in Dubai that I can leave them Kennels i assume, so that we can get settled, and does anybody know any links i can use to investigate.

Thanks again
Decent medical cover is important. Please send me a PM & I can help you with this.

Be careful as there are a lot of unqualified financial advisers out here....
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:59 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
(as you have to write 48 post dated checques for the car loan) yes this country is that weird... direct debit is not a known facility....
I think it depends on where you're getting the loan from. If it's not from your bank, then you'll probably have to write the cheques. We got ours through our bank, so it's just taken as a direct debit each month, but we did have to write the security cheque for the full value of the car plus loan...