Another Question

Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:08 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice
Default Another Question

Me again.

Another question that one of you more experienced expats may be able to answer for me.

The package that I am being offered to work over here is all inclusive, so I have to pay for everything out of my salary. (in opinions, what would be a minimum, have wife and two kids, would prefer villa, but not essential)

The one thing that concerns me is the vehicle. How is easy is it to get credit, are they cheap to buy, run and insure. Do I need a local bank account as this seems to keep coming up in places that I am looking at, and if so, how easy to get.

Then there comes medical cover, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as this is weird having to think about this one as we have the NHS to fall back on here at home (for now).

Last question for now, have cats that my wife and kids are insistent on coming with us (kin expensive), is there any places in Dubai that I can leave them Kennels i assume, so that we can get settled, and does anybody know any links i can use to investigate.

Thanks again
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:26 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Question

Originally Posted by justin riseborough
Me again.

Another question that one of you more experienced expats may be able to answer for me.

The package that I am being offered to work over here is all inclusive, so I have to pay for everything out of my salary. (in opinions, what would be a minimum, have wife and two kids, would prefer villa, but not essential)

The one thing that concerns me is the vehicle. How is easy is it to get credit, are they cheap to buy, run and insure. Do I need a local bank account as this seems to keep coming up in places that I am looking at, and if so, how easy to get.

Then there comes medical cover, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as this is weird having to think about this one as we have the NHS to fall back on here at home (for now).

Last question for now, have cats that my wife and kids are insistent on coming with us (kin expensive), is there any places in Dubai that I can leave them Kennels i assume, so that we can get settled, and does anybody know any links i can use to investigate.

Thanks again
car loans are very easy to get, you need to be resident though and have a bank account with a cheque book (as you have to write 48 post dated checques for the car loan) yes this country is that weird... direct debit is not a known facility....

Dubai Kennels and Cattery - these are the best but can get booked up well in advance - they can also help with the pet trnsport / customs etchttp://www.dkc.ae/

you need medical insurance - good health company seem reasonable....

axa for car insurance - get them to include Oman and offroad if you get a 4x4

good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:57 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Me again.

Thanks again
I personally would not put them in a kennel unless of course you are going in to temporary accommodation. I brought my cat over from the UK and she settled in really well. I stayed in temp accommodation but was lucky that they allowed pets. The paperwork etc may seem like a nightmare, but it was worth it in the end. I used a British agency to arrange the import cert here. I can dig out the details later and send them to you.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure there is something in the WIKI about cats etc.

You need alot of dosh out here, make sure you don't get ripped off! bearing in mind to get a 3 bed villa you are looking at nearly 200K, school fees are high as well.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:06 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice

Originally Posted by Autonomy
car loans are very easy to get, you need to be resident though and have a bank account with a cheque book (as you have to write 48 post dated checques for the car loan) yes this country is that weird... direct debit is not a known facility....

Dubai Kennels and Cattery - these are the best but can get booked up well in advance - they can also help with the pet trnsport / customs etchttp://www.dkc.ae/

you need medical insurance - good health company seem reasonable....

axa for car insurance - get them to include Oman and offroad if you get a 4x4

good luck!

When you say resident, is this having been in t he country for a set period of time, or would having my visa cover this
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:12 am
Marching on Together

Credit - how easy is it to get out in UAE. Struggled back home after being student etc
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:46 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Credit - how easy is it to get out in UAE. Struggled back home after being student etc
It's TOO easy. They don't check your credit rating from the UK.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:47 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Very! The banks just seem to throw it at you. But you have to be careful that you don't land yourself in debt.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:48 am
Pog mo thoin

When you say resident, is this having been in t he country for a set period of time, or would having my visa cover this
It means residency visa and yes once you have that then that covers you.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Very! The banks just seem to throw it at you. But you have to be careful that you don't land yourself in debt.
surely by taking credit, thats exactly what you are doing??
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:52 am
W10

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
It's TOO easy. They don't check your credit rating from the UK.
But all credit in the UAE is a ****ing rip-off to be avoided if you can.

And the people selling them are just that - salesmen, they haven't a clue.

Sir, the flat rate is 4%...

So, what is the APR on that

So that makes the APR about 12% then, on a ****ing car loan!!!

Sir, the flat rate is 4%

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:55 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
surely by taking credit, thats exactly what you are doing??
Yes, but some people just go overboard here to fund a lavish lifesyle .. champagne living on soda water income.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:56 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by W10
But all credit in the UAE is a ****ing rip-off to be avoided if you can.

And the people selling them are just that - salesmen, they haven't a clue.

So, what is the APR on that

So that makes the APR about 12% then, on a ****ing car loan!!!

Sir, the flat rate is 4%

I have many conversations along these lines everyday. You just feel like saying 'answer the frigging question'
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Yes, but some people just go overboard here to fund a lavish lifesyle .. champagne living on soda water income.
then they are plain stoopid
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:58 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
then they are plain stoopid
agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.