Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Another Creek!!!!!!!!

Another Creek!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 14th 2004, 6:41 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Another Creek!!!!!!!!

Just when u thought u had heard everything, they spring another MAMMOTH project at u.............

Have just seen adverts in the papers proclaiming the turning point of History..... the birth of a new Creek that will become known as The Dubai Business Bay. They are planning to dredge another Creek!!!!!

Here are some pics of the Original Dubai Creek that splits Downtown Dubai into 2 parts:

The mouth of the Creek:

Heart of the Creek:

Downtown Deira, which sits on the banks of Dubai Creek:

They are starting the lose the plot.... just a bit!!!!! We virtually have no coastline left!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 6:52 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Another Creek!!!!!!!!

Where would they build it? Is there a committee that sits down and thinks up these crazy ideas???
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:03 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Where would they build it? Is there a committee that sits down and thinks up these crazy ideas???
Beyond Jebel Ali I guess...... ie, beyond Junction 8..... either that or they will extend the Creek from a point just before the wildlife sanctuary at the end of the Creek...... That area wud be Ras Al Khor or Warsan, next to the International City..... time will tell!!! lol
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:58 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Heh heh, I bet there is. I can imagine it now. The Sheikh Rashid Foundation for Completely Bonkers Ideas.

I saw a thing on BBC News today about the tallest bridge being built in France. I hope the committee doesn't see it or they'll be getting ideas (the fact it's totally flat round here is entirely incidental).
Old Dec 14th 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Face81
Beyond Jebel Ali I guess...... ie, beyond Junction 8..... either that or they will extend the Creek from a point just before the wildlife sanctuary at the end of the Creek...... That area wud be Ras Al Khor or Warsan, next to the International City..... time will tell!!! lol
I heard about this, but I assumed they were building the new freezone somewhere along the current creek....where there was space.

Are you sure they are dredging another creek??!! That really is bonkers.

One day the city will just sink into the sand!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Dubai Holding is the company that has been set up and assigned the task of thinking up new projects for Dubai. Of course, the bosses of this company want to outdo the projects of the Palm and other freezones etc and as long as this mentality persists projects will get more outrageous and stupid!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:35 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MCA27
Dubai Holding is the company that has been set up and assigned the task of thinking up new projects for Dubai. Of course, the bosses of this company want to outdo the projects of the Palm and other freezones etc and as long as this mentality persists projects will get more outrageous and stupid!
I also think there's a Committee for Evil Event Planning that thinks our traffic needs more chaos by adding strategically placed exhibitions and festivals, such as GITEX which caused traffic gridlock and a taxi-drought.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kristy
I also think there's a Committee for Evil Event Planning that thinks our traffic needs more chaos by adding strategically placed exhibitions and festivals, such as GITEX which caused traffic gridlock and a taxi-drought.
all part of emiratisation! have to find them a job somehow.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:56 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by MCA27
I heard about this, but I assumed they were building the new freezone somewhere along the current creek....where there was space.

Are you sure they are dredging another creek??!! That really is bonkers.

One day the city will just sink into the sand!!!!
There are 4 parts to the ad campaign....... these arent my scans, but still worth a look if u r interested:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

More details in my next post.......
Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:03 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by kristy
Some bloke actually e-mailed the developers for details and this was the response he got:

"One of the agents for "Business Bay" told me the following:

- The project is to be launched in the next week.
- It consists of commercial, residential and leisure developments.
- And the best bit of news he gave was...get this... extending the edge of dubai creek ( near aweer) and bringing the creek all the way to sheikh Zayed road, alongside the Burj dubai development!!!!!!!!

So from wht little i learned, it seems that it would consist of a lot of towers and will include an entirely new creek extending from the current creek to the SZR!!!"

Shocked? I am!

These are some of the ideas/rumours floating around as to what the Creek "extension" will be:

OR

I think the 2nd pic is more realistic, but we will hav 2 wait and c wot actually comes of this MEGA project. :scared:
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:48 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Face you are a fountain of amazinf facts and information!!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:40 am
The Oracle

Face you are a fountain of amazinf facts and information!!
why thank u!

Here are the press release pics:

Note that the Creek will be extended and brought to the Burj Dubai site.

Yep!!!! The want water around the Burj Dubai, so why not just extend the Creek by a few kilometers!

Note that in the pic below, the new extension will have 10 bridges crossing it! They are just nuts! lol

The entire light green area is the new development that will surround the extension all the way to the Burj Dubai development which can be seen on the left of the pic below:

Artists impressions of the 64 million sq. ft development:

one more:

Now that wot I call amazing!!!!!!!!