Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anonymous internet use

Anonymous internet use

Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anonymous internet use

Originally Posted by Cham128
so is it a lottery as to whether you have to use Du or Etisalat? or is it a known thing in certain area's Du is available?

all i want is access to my flickr account... is that asking too much?
The TRA have already passed an edict that both Etisalat & du will go through the proxy. The final implementation date is still to be announced. Last report I saw was by the end of the year.

Make hay while it lasts,'cause aint gonna be there much longer
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oktoberon
The TRA have already passed an edict that both Etisalat & du will go through the proxy. The final implementation date is still to be announced. Last report I saw was by the end of the year.

Make hay while it lasts,'cause aint gonna be there much longer
Doh!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

They must've read this thread lol

Page1
http://www.emiratestodayonline.com/

Internet users are being offered a way to bypass the system that blocks unsuitable sites – giving them unrestricted access to the worldwide web.

Proxy1Arabia says its service is legal – but the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) last night warned that it was not.

A request to access a website from a user in the UAE is routed through a system known as a proxy server that prevents access to material deemed offensive or unsuitable. But the new service provides each customer with a unique proxy that enables him or her to avoid the official one and call up any site they wish. Proxy1Arabia is offering the loophole to subscribers in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.Three packages are available costing Dh70 for one month, Dh180 for three months and Dh330 for six months.

The national proxy system filters out websites whose content is deemed to be inconsistent with the country’s religious, cultural, political and moral values. The process is run by the regulatory authority. A TRA official said an investigation would be launched into Proxy1Arabia. He said: “It is illegal to bypass the national proxy and those subscribing to this are actually going against the country’s laws.

“We will investigate the service provider and block them,” he added.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

patrick30 is on a distinguished road

Thats very expensive for a vpn sounds like if this business does last they are going to cream in big time, because they are ripping people off. Do you recon that this TRA rep is really the marketing manager for Eitsalat ha!!!

I have had my hand slapped for mentioning other companies, but so far i have never read any law statement that states that these services are illegal?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patrick30
I have had my hand slapped for mentioning other companies, but so far i have never read any law statement that states that these services are illegal?

Nah.....here they make up the laws as they go along and they arrest and deport you if you break an unwritten law

Last edited by IndieG; Sep 18th 2007 at 4:07 pm.