Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

American looking at Cost of Renting in Muscat Oman with dog?

American looking at Cost of Renting in Muscat Oman with dog?

Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

bmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant future
Default American looking at Cost of Renting in Muscat Oman with dog?

Muscat OMAN: Is anyone on here who presently lives in Muscat? I would like to know how much $ to expect to pay for a small furnished place for just me and my little dog. I would be working at Bayan College so that means not much pay and I hope to live nearby. Any experience from anyone on here?

Last edited by bmedia; Jul 25th 2011 at 6:22 pm. Reason: add country name to title
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:17 am
Account Closed

fearless_buck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American looking at Cost of Renting in Muscat Oman with dog?

Originally Posted by bmedia
Muscat OMAN: Is anyone on here who presently lives in Muscat? I would like to know how much $ to expect to pay for a small furnished place for just me and my little dog. I would be working at Bayan College so that means not much pay and I hope to live nearby. Any experience from anyone on here?
Hi there,
me too wil be joining Bayan Colg. in Sept. as Media Studies faculty. I just had a small research on accomodation, car rent etc, one bed room flat costs around OR 300-500. But Im not sure where Bayan is exactly located.
Share with me if you get any more details in the coming days.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question about your dog. What is it on his back? He looks like a suicide bomber.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

bmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant future

I don't know if I should answer your question about what the dog is wearing until you answer mine.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I should answer your question about what the dog is wearing until you answer mine.
Spicy - I like it.

Well given you have asked the question in 4 different threads in one way or another I would have thought it is clear that I don't know the answer...
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fearless_buck
Hi there,
me too wil be joining Bayan Colg. in Sept. as Media Studies faculty. I just had a small research on accomodation, car rent etc, one bed room flat costs around OR 300-500. But Im not sure where Bayan is exactly located.
fearless Buck. i sent you a priv message with my email please write me. Where are you from and what will you do at the college? we need to talk! can't wait to hear from you.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:38 am
Account Closed

fearless Buck. i sent you a priv message with my email please write me. Where are you from and what will you do at the college? we need to talk! can't wait to hear from you.
Hi bmedia..im not able to open my inbox, it might be a techinical error. I will try again later and wil come back to you at the earliest.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi bmedia..im not able to open my inbox, it might be a techinical error. I will try again later and wil come back to you at the earliest.
post 3 more times and all will be fixed.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:40 am
Account Closed

bmedia, im checking it now.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I have a question about your dog. What is it on his back? He looks like a suicide bomber.
Looks like SCUBA gear.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:57 am
Just Joined

mrpositive is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
What a coincidence.

I too am starting at BC soon.

Naturally I'm looking for accom.

If I hear of anything decent I'll give you a shout.

All the best
Old Aug 1st 2011, 4:31 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrpositive
What a coincidence.

I too am starting at BC soon.

Naturally I'm looking for accom.

If I hear of anything decent I'll give you a shout.

All the best
ok, I would suggest the three of you share, because for 1200 OMR per month you would get a gorgeous 3 bed villa near to the college, but then you might hate each other after a couple of months!

as I mentioned in a message try taif.me.uk for websites. I think the college used to be in Al Alam/Ilam but moved to Qurum/Qurm.

Sharing & living near the college would minimise commuting distance (because on those salaries you wouldnt be able to afford anything close by) and you might even want to consider car sharing.

however, be aware that when you get a rental place you have to pay one year's rent IN ADVANCE.