Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Ambulance Service in Dubai??

The Ambulance Service in Dubai??

Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default The Ambulance Service in Dubai??

As a slightly scared first time Father to be I am a little worried about not being there when my Wife goes into Labour. We live in Dubai, I work in Al Ain and the delivery is at the Medcare (Safa Pk), given the geography of it all I wonder if I will need the help of an Ambulance to get my Wife to hospital if I am not around!

Is it simply a case of 999 and they drop you at a hospital of your choice, job done. Do the hospital have their own Ambulance?.....................etc etc

Knowledge and previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:59 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ambulance Service in Dubai??

well, usually first borns don't just drop out of the mother...so when the contractions begin there's normally hours and hours to go before it gets anywhere near serious which gives you time to go to the hospital without the need of an ambulance...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice

you and your car>>>>>>>friend and their car>>>>>>>>>friend in a taxi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scooper.
seriously ask the hospital and if you do use the ambulance just dont count on expert medical care if something goes wrong in transit
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yam Yam View Post
As a slightly scared first time Father to be I am a little worried about not being there when my Wife goes into Labour. We live in Dubai, I work in Al Ain and the delivery is at the Medcare (Safa Pk), given the geography of it all I wonder if I will need the help of an Ambulance to get my Wife to hospital if I am not around!

Is it simply a case of 999 and they drop you at a hospital of your choice, job done. Do the hospital have their own Ambulance?.....................etc etc

Thanks
Medcare have their own ambulances
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:11 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Tie her legs together at the knees and tell her to start walking. It's only child birth FFS.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Tie her legs together at the knees and tell her to start walking. It's only child birth FFS.
yeah...no need to stop the ironing either...

anyway, in normal cases, women don't need to go to the hospital in an ambulance do they...and from what I have seen, no one even goes out of the way when one comes and they sit and wait patiently when the lights are red as well...all a bit weird...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post

anyway, in normal cases, women don't need to go to the hospital in an ambulance do they...and from what I have seen, no one even goes out of the way when one comes and they sit and wait patiently when the lights are red as well...all a bit weird...
That could be due to the fact that most drivers do not know the rule of allowing someone with sirens and flashing lights to go thru, and thus the ambulance staff saving their own lives

In the Netherlands they get beaten up, in the UAE they get run over
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
Yeah, wot MH said.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
you and your car>>>>>>>friend and their car>>>>>>>>>friend in a taxi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scooper.
seriously ask the hospital and if you do use the ambulance just dont count on expert medical care if something goes wrong in transit
Got no friends and dont have a scooper, what ever that is?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Got no friends and dont have a scooper, what ever that is?
you don't know anyone in Dubai?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
you don't know anyone in Dubai?
I know people for sure, but friends are different. Making true friends is difficult here, but hopefully that will change soon. The hump on my back and my funny shaped head tends to put people off!!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:36 am
Concierge

I know people for sure, but friends are different. Making true friends is difficult here, but hopefully that will change soon. The hump on my back and my funny shaped head tends to put people off!!
but I am sure one of them would be more than happy to get her to the hospital? even if you are an extra out of Star Trek
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
but I am sure one of them would be more than happy to get her to the hospital? even if you are an extra out of Star Trek
Good come back!