Almarai Dairy

Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Almarai Dairy

Almarai caught changing product expiry date again

http://www.zawya.com/story/Almarai_c...0120806031304/
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of
Default Re: Almarai Dairy

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Almarai caught changing product expiry date again

http://www.zawya.com/story/Almarai_c...0120806031304/
Its no biggie to be fair. I doubt they're putting any risk into the food chain and it is fairly common - standard practice even - in the fresh food industry in UK.

For fear of scaremongering I will avoid the "you wouldn't eat half of what you do if you seen where it comes from" statement...... oh damn.

Last edited by goonerseba; Aug 8th 2012 at 6:26 am.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

The cynic in me thinks this could be a UAE plot to discredit a Saudi competitor. But who knows.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I always buy Al Murray's milk. I prefer the shape of the bottle.

To be fair, I don't really care about the dates either - you sniff milk to see if it's OK, don't you?
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I always buy Al Murray's milk. I prefer the shape of the bottle.

To be fair, I don't really care about the dates either - you sniff milk to see if it's OK, don't you?
Yep - trust your senses over use-by/sell-by/display-by/eat-by/ dates. If it looks or smells dodgy - it usually is.

The levels of food wasted in the "civilised" world is a crime against humanity.

Last edited by goonerseba; Aug 8th 2012 at 6:42 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Yep - trust your senses over use-by/sell-by/display-by/eat-by/ dates. If it looks or smells dodgy - it usually is.

The levels of food wasted in the "civilised" world is a crime against humanity.
The only product where the sniff test doesn't work is Coleslaw which smells off from the day you buy it. I like it though.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:27 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I thinl Al Marai, in particular, have a bit of form on this, maybe just because they are bigger. Some of their product was found in stores earlier this year with a production date which was the next day - there were some pictures flying around on BBM (the only locally organised process that operates quickly and efficiently).
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe explains why the milk only lasts 2 days here regardless of what the date says.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Maybe explains why the milk only lasts 2 days here regardless of what the date says.
I usually attribute that to incorrect storage. When products are delivered to shops, they are often left in warm rooms for a while before that store them properly as the staff haven't been taught about the importance of proper storage.

The other day I saw a truck delivering yoghurt to a restaurant in a small mall. Crates of the stuff were dumped on the path as I went inside and when I came out 30 minutes later the bloke was still messing around with other items, so it must have been sitting there in over 40c all that time.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I usually attribute that to incorrect storage. When products are delivered to shops, they are often left in warm rooms for a while before that store them properly as the staff haven't been taught about the importance of proper storage.

The other day I saw a truck delivering yoghurt to a restaurant in a small mall. Crates of the stuff were dumped on the path as I went inside and when I came out 30 minutes later the bloke was still messing around with other items, so it must have been sitting there in over 40c all that time.
I see the same thing here. At home I buy a 4 pint and it lasts a week in the fridge. Here I buy a bottle a day and throw what I dont use, complete waste but nothing turns my stomach more than 'off' milk.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:54 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I see the same thing here. At home I buy a 4 pint and it lasts a week in the fridge. Here I buy a bottle a day and throw what I dont use, complete waste but nothing turns my stomach more than 'off' milk.
But the milk from Aldi and Lidl goes off a lot faster than from the big supermarkets - has shorter expiration dates too....
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:21 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
But the milk from Aldi and Lidl goes off a lot faster than from the big supermarkets - has shorter expiration dates too....
Without wanting to sound a snob, I wouldn't know. I have only ever been to Aldi for their wine, which is very good value.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Without wanting to sound a snob, I wouldn't know. I have only ever been to Aldi for their wine, which is very good value.
Rest assured that you do not sound like a snob if you shop at Aldi for wine...
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

I must admit I sometimes wonder just what is in the milk. I am not sure how long it should last but I drink only a little skimmed milk and often find myself using it as much as 5 days beyond expiry date with no apparent degradation??
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:45 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

It's milk powder for goodness sake. Where was the last time you saw (dairy) cows in the UAE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.