Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

All as One : We need your help please!

All as One : We need your help please!

Old May 19th 2006, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation All as One : We need your help please!

I am involved with this charity along with my friends and we desperately need volunteers and any help you can provide.

www.allasone.org

Dear Friends of All As One

A big THANK YOU for all your help and support in keeping the All As One Orphanage open and operational. I’ve had a fantastic response to people wanting to support and am hoping that we can respond quickly to the immediate needs of the orphanage through a donation drive. Deanna Wallace is in Freetown NOW and has updated me on the items that the centre urgently requires before the rainy season starts in mid/end June.

If anyone wants a list of items we need to send quickly and needed urgently please PM me.

PLEASE HELP!!

* Circulate the list to friends and work colleagues.
* Ideally – act as key collection and communication point by letting people correspond through you and deliver items to you (depending on quantity) so you can then deliver to me in one go.
* Go and see your children’s Head Teacher and ask if they can circulate this to all parents and the school/college acts as a collection point.
* If your organisation/employer supplies/stocks items on the list – approach them to see if they can donate.
* If you know a supplier or retailer that stocks the items on the list – approach them to see if they can donate.
* Deanna is in urgent need to refit the baby room – With two in five babies not surviving five in Sierra Leone (the figure increases the further out of Freetown you go) – Babies are high risk and All As One would like to take in more babies during the rainy season. If you have recently had a baby and belong to network groups that can help – then please forward this to them.

Priority items will be sent THANKS TO OUR FRIENDS AT DHL at the end of May – so they will arrive just before the rains start.

Thank you once again for all your interest and offers of volunteering. The donation drive is our first activity, one of many to come! As soon as we have our registration at Dubai Humanitarian and Aid City (see previous email) we will be able to formalise a volunteer support network. I hope in the meantime – you can encourage as many people to donate! I have in addition to the list of items have attached the “How You Can Help” document.

Once again, thank you from all the children and team at All As One!

E: [email protected]

W: www.allasone.org
Old May 20th 2006, 4:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All as One : We need your help please!

Can't really help, but I'll sticky the thread for a while for you
Old May 20th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You Bob