Alghanim / Kuwait

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Max0001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alghanim / Kuwait

Hi

If anyone's been through the work / residence visa process with Alghanim in Kuwait recently, I'd be very interested to hear your experiences.

Am interviewing currently and hearing different versions of requirements for Kuwait work visas. Will be a senior management role, if successful.

I've British & Irish passports.

Thanks

Max
Old Dec 1st 2007, 6:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alghanim / Kuwait

Originally Posted by Max0001
Hi

If anyone's been through the work / residence visa process with Alghanim in Kuwait recently, I'd be very interested to hear your experiences.

Am interviewing currently and hearing different versions of requirements for Kuwait work visas. Will be a senior management role, if successful.

Thanks

Max
we have another poster who joined Alghanim and hated it ! who was he? I can't remember his name
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:41 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Max0001
Hi

Thanks

Max
Joined Alghanim recently. Only hassles I had was getting my ex company to let me go.

You need to get your birth and wedding certificates legalised by the foriegn office, (28 quid per document), get your GP to carry out a general medical, (They will also ask you for a form. There is no medical form for entering Kuwait, if they dont believe you get them to call the Kuwait Embassy. Thats also another 82 quid if done on the NHS, which is cheaper), your GP will also need to send to for blood tests, (Malaria, Hep b+c, HiV, Elephantitis, Syphallis), at another 25 quid and a chest X-Ray for TB and thats another 78 pounds. This will take approx two weeks.

After all that, you take the letter from the doctors with your wedding,(if you have one), birth certificates, passport, visa application form and the NOC that Alghanim will send you if successful to the Kuwait Embassy. There they will legalise your wedding/birth certificates at 15 quid a pop plus 45 quid for Visa application.

You will also need to get an international drivers permit at 6 quid.

For me the whole process took near on two months from visiting the Foriegn offiece to boarding the plane.

Have you been over here yet?

Blue Cat, I know who you mean but the internet usage here is monitored, (No, really), so I cannot/will not say who that was.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Max0001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys,
Really appreciate your comments. Looked up the Expats.com posts you mentioned also and they were useful.
Best
Max
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

true advice ~ DON'T COME KUWAIT !! KUWAITIES ARE SOOO PROUD --- NEVER CARE OTHER NATIONALS -- NO MATTER U R AMERICAN/AFRICAN..THEY ARE HIGHLY ILLMANNERED, ILLITRATE, UNETHICAL NATION {SORRY TO SAY -- BUT ITS TRUE}

ASK THEM TO PAY U ATLEAST 2000 KD --- THEN ONLY U SHOULD COME

ALGHANIM IS V RICH COMPANY ---- MONEY IS NOT A PROBLEM
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:04 pm
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by peace19
true advice ~ DON'T COME KUWAIT !! KUWAITIES ARE SOOO PROUD --- NEVER CARE OTHER NATIONALS -- NO MATTER U R AMERICAN/AFRICAN..THEY ARE HIGHLY ILLMANNERED, ILLITRATE, UNETHICAL NATION {SORRY TO SAY -- BUT ITS TRUE}

ASK THEM TO PAY U ATLEAST 2000 KD --- THEN ONLY U SHOULD COME

ALGHANIM IS V RICH COMPANY ---- MONEY IS NOT A PROBLEM

Sounds like a disgruntled ex employee. So far I have not had any problems with them but I have not been here that long BUT all the natives that I have met have been curtious, polite and helpful.

Yes, Alghanim is a V rich company but they will not pay 2000kd for any new person, (Wish I was getting 2000kd). Oh and can you stop shouting please?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:10 am
Just Joined

nonono is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys..
i just read this old post..i received offer from alghanim and dont know whether to go or not..

please advise of experience if you have ..thank you so much