British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Al Satwa Occupational Clinic (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/al-satwa-occupational-clinic-570696/)

Opponent Nov 2nd 2008 10:11 am

Al Satwa Occupational Clinic

Need to get my Wifes medical done and was told they can do it at the above clinic. Does anybody know where this is

Also do they actually do medical test and health card in clinics, I was under the impression only done at hospitals :confused:

Blue Cat Nov 2nd 2008 10:14 am

Re: Al Satwa Occupational Clinic

Originally Posted by Opponent (Post 6932669)
Need to get my Wifes medical done and was told they can do it at the above clinic. Does anybody know where this is

Also do they actually do medical test and health card in clinics, I was under the impression only done at hospitals :confused:

I think this is the big new clinic at the back of the Rotana hotel? you know that road that runs behind the SZR?

Opponent Nov 2nd 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6932672)
I think this is the big new clinic at the back of the Rotana hotel? you know that road that runs behind the SZR?

Is this behind the emirates bank?

Blue Cat Nov 2nd 2008 10:34 am

the old Satwa clinic used to be there, but I am sure that closed down when they built this new super duper looking place up past the fairmont and the little park?

rowell Nov 2nd 2008 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Opponent (Post 6932669)

Is it not next to the Emirates Post office on the road directly across the roundabout from the Rydges Hotel

Blue Cat Nov 2nd 2008 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 6932940)
Is it not next to the Emirates Post office on the road directly across the roundabout from the Rydges Hotel

I think that one closed down :(

Live for now Nov 3rd 2008 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6932993)
I think that one closed down :(

No took someone there last week for her medical

Blue Cat Nov 3rd 2008 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Live for now (Post 6934351)
No took someone there last week for her medical

well that must be the one then :p

Live for now Nov 3rd 2008 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6934358)
well that must be the one then :p

Bet there was at least 300 + men waiting but there were only 3 women so all in all in there about 20 mins, car park next door next to the post office

Blue Cat Nov 3rd 2008 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Live for now (Post 6934369)
Bet there was at least 300 + men waiting but there were only 3 women so all in all in there about 20 mins, car park next door next to the post office

I am thinking they have changed this into a centre for blood tests for visas, and opened up a new health centre ;)

Live for now Nov 3rd 2008 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6934371)
I am thinking they have changed this into a centre for blood tests for visas, and opened up a new health centre ;)

You may be right

Opponent Nov 3rd 2008 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6934371)

Went there last night, they only do blood and x-ray for visas. Went at 9pm in and out in 10 minutes. Nobody was there.

Thanks for the directions