Al Reef Villas

Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Al Reef Villas

Hoping for some advice...

I've noticed several 2-3 BR Villas in Al Reef, going for 125-150 AED p/Annum. employer doesn't look like they will budge on the housing allowance for me, and I'm against eating into my salary to top it up (was sold on the basis that 100 AED would be perfectly sufficient for a clean, 2 BR apartment in a nice area). I'm fine with the commute to work from that sort of area, however even the apartments are 100-110 for crappy ones. Better Homes reckoned that theyd be able to get the 2BR Al Reef for around 120, but I'm also savvy to the fact that their working on 5% commision. They've put me up in a Rotana up here temp, as I don't havent been able to apply for my residency/permit as some of my docs are still with the embassy, which also means I'm not able to push the price that much as I'm in no position to say I can sign if they agree.

Several of you regular posters have been here for a few years now, and was kinda hoping that you may know whether it's a realistic price to push for...

I've also tried ADCP, however they are pretty poor at responding and sending properties that don't look like they've been based on down town Kabul... I guess residential isn't their core product either.

Any comments greatfully received.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Reef Villas

IMO Dhs120,00 for Al Reef seems "reasonable" in AD terms and the agent's fees are fairly standard! You may find something in the Khalifa's a bit cheaper. I will Pm you another agent's details who may be able to help you.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Hoping for some advice...

I've noticed several 2-3 BR Villas in Al Reef, going for 125-150 AED p/Annum. employer doesn't look like they will budge on the housing allowance for me, and I'm against eating into my salary to top it up (was sold on the basis that 100 AED would be perfectly sufficient for a clean, 2 BR apartment in a nice area). I'm fine with the commute to work from that sort of area, however even the apartments are 100-110 for crappy ones. Better Homes reckoned that theyd be able to get the 2BR Al Reef for around 120, but I'm also savvy to the fact that their working on 5% commision. They've put me up in a Rotana up here temp, as I don't havent been able to apply for my residency/permit as some of my docs are still with the embassy, which also means I'm not able to push the price that much as I'm in no position to say I can sign if they agree.

Several of you regular posters have been here for a few years now, and was kinda hoping that you may know whether it's a realistic price to push for...

I've also tried ADCP, however they are pretty poor at responding and sending properties that don't look like they've been based on down town Kabul... I guess residential isn't their core product either.

Any comments greatfully received.
Funnily enough I'm also looking at this compound and at 2 beds. I called a few agents yesterday and one of them, Pink Properties, is now advertising them in today's Abu Dhabi Week (and when I phoned) for 110,000 AED. Manazel, which is the property developer (which also has a leasing department) and probably the better bet as you won't pay agents commission, also said "115,000 to 120,000" won't be a problem when I called their leasing guy yesterday.
I am hoping to go up on Saturday to have a look around, if any of them confirm the appointments!
One of my work colleagues is in one of the three beds and he's delighted with it. The facilities - pool, clubhouse, few shops etc, are due to be ready 'in four or five months' and I beleive the second phase is due to be released for rental around June time, so there'll probably be even more of a glut then.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

tried unsuccessfully to find Al Reef today... anyone know where it is? I'm really struggling with the place names and signage here :-( I did manage to find Khalifa City A which looked OK to be honest, but couldn't see signs (or get anyone to give directions) for B or C or Al Reef... The only landmark I can relate too is either the Raha Beach Hotel which I drove past, and the big round building (rather impressive it is!!), which I think is the Alder HQ?

Might try a drive out tomorrow for a look around if anyone can point me in the right direction, meantime I'm heading to Heroes!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Easiest way is to head off the island over Musaffah Bridge. You then head out past the airport on Airport Road and then take the E11 heading to Dubai.

Go down that road for a bit and you will see a turn off for Al Reef Palace - take it. Then go round the roundabout and and go over the overpass and you will see Al Reef.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:28 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

North on the way to Dubai, accross the highway from the airport.

Or what he said.

Last edited by Aikman7981; Feb 11th 2010 at 2:28 pm. Reason: What he said
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Birdeez
One of my work colleagues is in one of the three beds and he's delighted with it. The facilities - pool, clubhouse, few shops etc, are due to be ready 'in four or five months' and I beleive the second phase is due to be released for rental around June time, so there'll probably be even more of a glut then.
Ahahahaahahha...
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

Yeah I know, hence the quote marks!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes there are two ways :

1: (as mentioned before) take 30th, go over mussafah bridge, keep going upto airport, kca is on the left and kcc and kcb on your right, take the next turn past adnoc then at the new bridge/junction take a left this is signed to dubai, then take the al reef palace junction.
2: go up over mataq bridge, take the next turn to dubai, go along channel st, past ad golf club/golf gardens/raha gardens on right, raha beach/mall on your left big aldar smartie on left, go all the way past al bahia and shahama then turn right just past shahama and then on the same dubai road take the junction for al reef palace.

they are miles and miles out of town.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

andyjock will become famous soon enoughandyjock will become famous soon enough

Miles out of town....Yes

Cheap rent...Yes

Sacrifices have to be made, have been and looked at a few of them and the finish isn't to bad (by UAE standards) and think we are going to bite bullet and move out there.