Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Old Sep 3rd 2015, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Mirfa in the UAE

someone, anyone, please KILL this thread
Old Sep 6th 2015, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
someone, anyone, please KILL this thread
Sorry Mission, that's just not possible. I was on a job website recently and it was full of rail jobs in the UAE so many more responses to come yet. I did like the Hilton one.

I am in need of some moreeb time this year so will pop into mirfa for a red bull and to piss on the street (make bipat feel at home) and will update later unless any Ruwais guys can comment.

I wonder what the churn rate is there ?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

ttaffyboy1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wee jimmy
all I can say is mirfa is an utter sh*t pit. ***** all there!! if you live in the hotel then your accommodation is good but still nothing to do outside. the company will pay your accommodation during the week but you have to pay out of your own wages for the weekends!! if you live in the camp then that's another story!! your standard of living will severely drop and im sure its illegal to put westerners in such places! these camps are labour camps designed for people from middle eastern/third world countrys-a fk*n insult if you ask me!!
Hi Jimmy, do you have an update of what the workers accommodation is like in Mirfa for Etihad Rail DB? I've had a job offer, your comment concerns me a little lol.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Jocky is an unknown quantity at this point

Any chance some can elaborate further on the 'camp', quiet concerning reading some of the comments made but not much info provided. Tried looking online for some more detail but to no avail. Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jocky
Any chance some can elaborate further on the 'camp', quiet concerning reading some of the comments made but not much info provided. Tried looking online for some more detail but to no avail. Thanks
Hi mate, I'm due to fly out there on October 17th. The camp they are using at the moment is just temporary accommodation, the permanent accommodation will be complete the middle of next year. I'm planning on moving my family out there, so I will only be in the camp 6 months tops then I'll rent somewhere.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Jocky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ttaffyboy1978
Hi mate, I'm due to fly out there on October 17th. The camp they are using at the moment is just temporary accommodation, the permanent accommodation will be complete the middle of next year. I'm planning on moving my family out there, so I will only be in the camp 6 months tops then I'll rent somewhere.
Yeah I found plenty regarding the new complex being built so as you say it would only be short term, I would be coming out myself if I go for it so would be easier for me I suppose in the 'camp'...depending on what it is like and facilities available obviously.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jocky
Yeah I found plenty regarding the new complex being built so as you say it would only be short term, I would be coming out myself if I go for it so would be easier for me I suppose in the 'camp'...depending on what it is like and facilities available obviously.
I was a bit concerned like yourself, as its for the short term then I can put up with it. As long as it's clean that is! Was talking to a Pakistani welder, he said food and accommodation is pretty good, but I think they are used to worse living conditions than us. The money is good, has good prospects so I'm taking the risk. Iv been offered Flashbutt welder position by the way, I'm currently a supervisor for Network Rail.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit concerned like yourself, as its for the short term then I can put up with it. As long as it's clean that is! Was talking to a Pakistani welder, he said food and accommodation is pretty good, but I think they are used to worse living conditions than us. The money is good, has good prospects so I'm taking the risk. Iv been offered Flashbutt welder position by the way, I'm currently a supervisor for Network Rail.
That's one of the funniest things I've read for a long time.

even the worse bits of Blaenau Ffestiniog would be like a paradise to your Pakistani welder. He is grateful to eat protein every other day and to have a mattress he can call his own on the floor.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Take a good long hard look at the images below and this is what you Pakistani welder would describe as normal accommodation here in the UAE.

If you want to live in Shite then all I can say is you must be desperate for work!!

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/...ster675-v2.jpg
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/...-master675.jpg
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Take a good long hard look at the images below and this is what you Pakistani welder would describe as normal accommodation here in the UAE.

If you want to live in Shite then all I can say is you must be desperate for work!!

They have running water. This is the luxury end of the accommodation.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well I did not want to lay it on to thick for Casey Jones and his gang.....hope they like Daal !!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I know what you're saying mate, that's why I didn't really take his word for it. I know their idea of good is a lot different to ours, if I don't like what I see them I'll just go straight back to the air port lol.
If its tempuary then I can put up with a lot, it's only somewhere to lay my head after work. Ultimately I'm looking to rent a place so it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

Last edited by ttaffyboy1978; Sep 17th 2015 at 7:45 am.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile

I find it totally unacceptable and racist to say this is Pakistani grade accommodation.

I think if you check the "greasiness" of their skin, you will find this is banladeshi grade accommodation
Old Sep 19th 2015, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I find it totally unacceptable and racist to say this is Pakistani grade accommodation.

I think if you check the "greasiness" of their skin, you will find this is banladeshi grade accommodation
My sincere apologies, for this unforgivable error, my wife has given me 40 lashes on your behalf whilst chanting "infidel pig"...
Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

mannyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutchy1984
Been offered a job today to work on the track as senior technician I am very happy with the package I have been offered and i accepted the offer I'm due to start this year or early next year any info people would be great fully received any tips etc.... Has anybody relocated there family there yet
Hi please how long did u have to wait after you submitted your application to hear from DB? I have been waiting for 2 months now. Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.