Reload this Page >

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

wee jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Mirfa in the UAE

Originally Posted by paddym
Welcome mate it's a very good forum for information.

No idea sorry mate but would love to know. What company are you going through, I'm back actively looking now.
hi mate,thanks for your reply.etihad rail db is what the email said.are you still going to take up an offer to work there? cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

paddym is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wee jimmy
hi ive just been offered a position and wondering what a good package would be to accept? did they offer to re-locate your family or schooling etc?any tips or advice would be appreciated.cheers
Surely with an offer they tell you what's on offer??
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paddym
Surely with an offer they tell you what's on offer??
no not yet,just waiting on an email.not sure if they would offer re-location for the family though? would love an opportunity to work out in the uae but don't want to make a wrong move and have nothing to come back to
daunting times,lol
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hutchy1984
I have accepted my job offer today great package to join in the next three months how long does it take to here off HR?? As anybody moved there family out there yet ?? Any tips etc???
hi, are you out in uae working now? just wondering if you had any good advice or tips please.havent a clue what to expect or what packages and whats incuded are being offered.cheers
Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:50 am
Just Joined

ifi_ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peterpeter007
Can anybody tell me what Al Mirfa is like in the United Arab Emirates? I might have the opportunity to drive new freight trains there and I was wondering if it was possible to find accommodation there easily.
The company says I have to commit to 3 years, is that a UAE requirement to do with the visa?
Is there much to do there or is it a very small village???
Any help would be appreciated.
I would have to travel out very quickly next week.
Peter
Hi there can you please tell me how you managed to get the train driver job please?

Many thanks :-)
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:46 am
Just Joined

all I can say is mirfa is an utter sh*t pit. ***** all there!! if you live in the hotel then your accommodation is good but still nothing to do outside. the company will pay your accommodation during the week but you have to pay out of your own wages for the weekends!! if you live in the camp then that's another story!! your standard of living will severely drop and im sure its illegal to put westerners in such places! these camps are labour camps designed for people from middle eastern/third world countrys-a fk*n insult if you ask me!!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wee jimmy
all I can say is mirfa is an utter sh*t pit. ***** all there!! if you live in the hotel then your accommodation is good but still nothing to do outside. the company will pay your accommodation during the week but you have to pay out of your own wages for the weekends!! if you live in the camp then that's another story!! your standard of living will severely drop and im sure its illegal to put westerners in such places! these camps are labour camps designed for people from middle eastern/third world countrys-a fk*n insult if you ask me!!
Thanks for insight lol

But I'm still looking to apply and hopefully get a job confirmed hopefully with a train driver role. I'll have to stress about accomadation etc afterwards.

But really appreciate the reply. 👍😖
Old Dec 30th 2014, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

stewalker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone I've just joined up, and I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am looking to try and get a job in the UAE I've been driving trains for over 10 years and I am currently a senior driver instructor with a A1 assessor qualification. is anyone taking on over there? or who do I have to contact. Thanks for your help
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Mirfa, as appealing as drinking from the communal toilet drain in a Bangladeshi slum
Grim place but chin up boys things can only get better
So mirfa didn't turn out to be like the Dubai dream then ? Here's a quote from July 2013 for those that choose to ignore what is written for their benefit
Old Jun 25th 2015, 1:32 am
Just Joined

navydavy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
So mirfa didn't turn out to be like the Dubai dream then ? Here's a quote from July 2013 for those that choose to ignore what is written for their benefit
Hi can anyone update the thread, as I'm tempted to apply for this myself (db driver uae). Did Mirfa improve over last couple of years or do staff commute from abu dhabi? Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Anyone able to provide any updates?

Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

update: it's still a shit place, things haven't but can only get better.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Dave4129 is an unknown quantity at this point

How per month is the mirfa hotel and do you get special rates if you work for one of the rail companies.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Kornish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I am another driver thinking of joining you in Mirfa, can someone tell me about the visa situation please?

I do not want to have to return in 2/3 years so can I gain full time employment or will I have to come back in 2/3 years?

I will not be able to return to DB Schenker or whoever owns the FOC in 2/3 years, as I currently work for a TOC not FOC but I do have experience of freight etc.

I have spent a week in ras al khaimah which was just The Hilton resort & not a lot else. However things like that do not really bother me.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kornish
I have spent a week in ras al khaimah which was just The Hilton resort & not a lot else. However things like that do not really bother me.
Al Mirfa isn't the Hilton, RAK mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.