Reload this Page >

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Al Mirfa in the UAE

Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

kenp84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Mirfa in the UAE

thanks for the boost of confidence!
however, i dont work directly for etihad! my company is in partnership with them, its only the name that matters in this project!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenp84
thanks for the boost of confidence!
however, i dont work directly for etihad! my company is in partnership with them, its only the name that matters in this project!
Forewarned is forearmed and all that.

They won't boot the operator straight away - but almost all partnerships between local and western companies self implode.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

kenp84 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i realize that. Im sure they'll want us to train cheaper labor to do the job at some point and the whole thing will be completely run by emeraties.

They better pay me well or else i aint staying! ive got a comfortable life at home and it has to be something special for me to give that up!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Mirfa, as appealing as drinking from the communal toilet drain in a Bangladeshi slum
Grim place but chin up boys things can only get better
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Hutchy1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been offered a job today to work on the track as senior technician I am very happy with the package I have been offered and i accepted the offer I'm due to start this year or early next year any info people would be great fully received any tips etc.... Has anybody relocated there family there yet
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

I have accepted my job offer today great package to join in the next three months how long does it take to here off HR?? As anybody moved there family out there yet ?? Any tips etc???
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

paddym is an unknown quantity at this point

Who's the jobs with?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

DB schenker and etihad rail
Old Oct 1st 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

JumeirahJim is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds a VERY ballsy move hutch

If I were you I'd come out first and see how it goes

who is paying the school fees? That'll be a big cost

Wise up b4 you get here. I get so sick of people moving here then complaining. It's all there on the interweb if you can be @rsed to look. If you can't be @rsed then suck it up tbh...
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

So are you advising him that it's not so good then him?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

rab_ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you manage to get the role with DB? Also I wanted to ask if its tax free?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

wee jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,cant belive I just found this site and forum! ive been offered a position with track maintenance and just waiting for final confirmation.they want me out in uae within the month. just wondering what sort of packages are being offered and if family re-location is possible also what sort of personal holiday allowance could be expected? its a massive move to leave my family and job here so just asking if anyone can give me some good advice please.thank you guys
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paddym
Hi,

Not sure yet still waiting to here some news.

Are you living in Abu Dhabi while working in al mirfa?

I would be working within project engineering as my expertise is rail engineering.

Will wait and see what's offered? Are you enjoying it?

hi paddym would you have any info on packages being offered?im just waiting to hear back but haven't a clue whats being offered to others.cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wee jimmy
hi paddym would you have any info on packages being offered?im just waiting to hear back but haven't a clue whats being offered to others.cheers
Welcome mate it's a very good forum for information.

No idea sorry mate but would love to know. What company are you going through, I'm back actively looking now.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hutchy1984
I have accepted my job offer today great package to join in the next three months how long does it take to here off HR?? As anybody moved there family out there yet ?? Any tips etc???
hi ive just been offered a position and wondering what a good package would be to accept? did they offer to re-locate your family or schooling etc?any tips or advice would be appreciated.cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.