dorsetuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Maha Resort?

Anyone been?
Anyone recommend it?
Anyone know how I can get a discount?
Anyone care?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Maha Resort?

most of my friends have been, expensive but worth it was the feedback I got. Only for two or three nights max though - discounts - only in the summer and it is a bit hot then
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone been?
yes

Anyone recommend it?
yes
Anyone know how I can get a discount?
yes if you work for Emirates and its in the summer (2 nights for the price of 1)
Anyone care?
yes
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So what and where is it? Never heard of it, myself...but you know that I don't move in expensive circles.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Definely recommended but 2 nights would be enough. It isn't too bad in the summer, you just have to get up a bit earlier for some of the activities. I got up at dawn (ouch- on holiday even) to see the falcon display but it was well worth the pain.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Definely recommended but 2 nights would be enough. It isn't too bad in the summer, you just have to get up a bit earlier for some of the activities. I got up at dawn (ouch- on holiday even) to see the falcon display but it was well worth the pain.
Been there, went a few years ago. Definitely worth it. Would love to go again. Went in the start of summer and got a bit of a discount and it was still bearable outside. A lot drier in the summer in the desert and I find it is the humidity that gets to you.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Benson
Been there, went a few years ago. Definitely worth it. Would love to go again. Went in the start of summer and got a bit of a discount and it was still bearable outside. A lot drier in the summer in the desert and I find it is the humidity that gets to you.
Definitely worth it, but mostly for the wow factor. I would say one night is enough - arrive early and leave late the next day. It is amazing. Mrs Haddock did some work out there and had to stay for a whole week - nice work if you can get it.
H
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
Definitely worth it, but mostly for the wow factor. I would say one night is enough - arrive early and leave late the next day. It is amazing. Mrs Haddock did some work out there and had to stay for a whole week - nice work if you can get it.
H
she was an extra in Syriana?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

dorsetuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the info!

Might treat myself and the g/f for a couple of nights then! Try and escape the madness of Dubai for a few days!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dorsetuk
Thank you all for the info!

Might treat myself and the g/f for a couple of nights then! Try and escape the madness of Dubai for a few days!
2 nights max, or you will be bored shitless.......

unless gazing at sand is your bag of course