Al Jazeera

Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

jumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud of
Angry Al Jazeera

http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.a...050wmv&ak=null

Unless you understand spoken Arabic you can turn down the audio on this one and just read the captions. ~ Here is a powerful & amazing statement on Al Jazeera TV. The woman is Wafa Sultan, an Arab-American psychologist from Los Angeles. I would suggest watching it ASAP because I don't know how long the link will be active ~
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Al Jazeera

Originally Posted by jumpinjacks

Unless you understand spoken Arabic you can turn down the audio on this one and just read the captions. ~ Here is a powerful & amazing statement on Al Jazeera TV. The woman is Wafa Sultan, an Arab-American psychologist from Los Angeles. I would suggest watching it ASAP because I don't know how long the link will be active ~
thanks for the link, a very intesting and refreshing point if view. Hopefully plenty of others will of heard her and taken onboard what she was saying.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson
thanks for the link, a very intesting and refreshing point if view. Hopefully plenty of others will of heard her and taken onboard what she was saying.
This interview was held quite sometime back - I just read the full transcript. Her argument was hard hitting - the Algerian professor just couldn't put forth a convincing counter argument.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I think she nailed that one, very good.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:56 pm
W10

Most of it was nonsense, but she did have the odd valid point.

Most of the time she was ranting and making random points which were massively generalised.

The site that clip came from is an excellent (if frightening sometimes) resource...

Some historical context though. Apparently some of Wafa Sultan's family were in the SLA, and after the Israeli occupation of Lebanon ended, went to Israel and became citizens (this was told to be my all of my Lebanese friends) - if true, then she has a major axe to grind.

Last edited by W10; Aug 19th 2006 at 8:58 pm.

Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:57 am
Banned

uk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

Most of the time she was ranting and making random points which were massively generalised.

The site that clip came from is an excellent (if frightening sometimes) resource...

Some historical context though. Apparently some of Wafa Sultan's family were in the SLA, and after the Israeli occupation of Lebanon ended, went to Israel and became citizens (this was told to be my all of my Lebanese friends) - if true, then she has a major axe to grind.
I thought it was really interesting and I am suprised that it has stayed up on the web, just out of interest where was the other thread on this subject, did it get deleted ? or was it just my imagination
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:37 am
W10

Just out of interest - why are you surprised?

Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:41 pm
Banned

uk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond reputeuk4uae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Just out of interest - why are you surprised?
I would have thought Etisalat would have blocked it knowing how anal they are about things like this - nothing more ?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:33 am
W10

It's part of a big Arab media monitoring project, just one clip from hundreds. And it doesn't mention the UAE.

Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

stuckinuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10

She also kept saying ''the muslims'' should do this,do that etc..Not all muslims are terrorists! i have many muslim friends and neighbours who are equally teriffied of this world of terrorism we are living in..and do not agree with any of these warped thinking individuals who decide to blow themselves and others up
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:00 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jumpinjacks

Im sorry, but most of that was bull Shite and offensive...I'll bite my tongue as to why. She is just as extreme as the people she is talking about.