British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Al Eissa compound in Riyadh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/al-eissa-compound-riyadh-604467/)

jeaniep Apr 20th 2009 11:16 am

Al Eissa compound in Riyadh

Hi
Did anyone, know or living in this compound? They don't seem to have a web site. Is it a western compound? Where is it about and is there anything for a toddler there..playground or nearby kinder garten..
Is ther anyone live in Ranco, Sedar or Eid ?? just want to know if there is any availbel or any kindergarten in it.. Ofcourse the sponosr will take care of this for us but I rather look around myself too. Lived at Cordoba, 4 years ago and known that they all full so we looking for something lots smaller this time..

jeaniep Apr 20th 2009 11:18 am

Re: Al Eissa compound in Riyadh

Originally Posted by jeaniep (Post 7495825)
Hi
Did anyone, know or living in this compound? They don't seem to have a web site. Is it a western compound? Where is it about and is there anything for a toddler there..playground or nearby kinder garten..
Is ther anyone live in Ranco, Sedar or Eid ?? just want to know if there is any availbel or any kindergarten in it.. Ofcourse the sponosr will take care of this for us but I rather look around myself too. Lived at Cordoba, 4 years ago and known that they all full so we looking for something lots smaller this time..

thanks

still.unsure Apr 20th 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jeaniep (Post 7495825)
Hi

there's a montessori on eid and i think availability is pretty limited (and more likely non-existent) however, recommend strongly that you actually go and see the managers in person to try and sort out availability and a compound. phone calls and emails (as i'm sure you already know) don't really work in this neck of the woods

jeaniep Apr 20th 2009 1:20 pm

Thank you for reassure me about Eid and the nursery, that's helpful.. What about the compound itself is it any good??

coffindodger Apr 20th 2009 1:46 pm

Hi here is some info on eid compound hope its usefull.

Eid Villas
Location: Traveling north towards the airport - on the eastern ring road –
exit at 'Junction 9' and (bearing right) travel 2 kilometres to the first set of traffic lights
(at Pylon Road). Turn left into Pylon Road and take the 3rd right.
You will pass a plant souk and a long brown perimeter wall. 'Eid Villas' is at the end
of cul-de-sac, a few hundred yards ahead.
Size/population: 315 units with approximately a 1,000 residents
Mix of Nationalities: westerners 93%; others 7%
Contact person for enquiries: Ahmed Farid, Compound Manager.
Telephones: +9661 248 3366 Extn 3022
Mobile: 050 547 3059
Email: [email protected]

jeaniep Apr 20th 2009 1:58 pm

Thank you

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 7496351)
Hi here is some info on eid compound hope its usefull.

Eid Villas
Location: Traveling north towards the airport - on the eastern ring road –
exit at 'Junction 9' and (bearing right) travel 2 kilometres to the first set of traffic lights
(at Pylon Road). Turn left into Pylon Road and take the 3rd right.
You will pass a plant souk and a long brown perimeter wall. 'Eid Villas' is at the end
of cul-de-sac, a few hundred yards ahead.
Size/population: 315 units with approximately a 1,000 residents
Mix of Nationalities: westerners 93%; others 7%
Contact person for enquiries: Ahmed Farid, Compound Manager.
Telephones: +9661 248 3366 Extn 3022
Mobile: 050 547 3059
Email: [email protected]

hey coffin... why don't you add this to the wiki page? there's one on compounds in saud that probably needs a refresher

(and i'm glad someone nabbed it off bill's site before it disappeared!)

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 5:56 am

Originally Posted by jeaniep (Post 7496267)
Thank you for reassure me about Eid and the nursery, that's helpful.. What about the compound itself is it any good??

the compounds nice, very western and big, it's a bit out of the city centre (30 - 45 mins commute with the nutter locals) it's very close to Granada mall which is arguably one of the better malls in Riyadh. the villas/apartments are big and clean (the basic funiture leaves something to be desired in terms of taste, but oh well) heaps of facilities and activities and very (very) child centric (damn little buggers are everywhere at night!) oh, and most parents meet through their children ("hi I'm so-and-so's mother/father")

would imagine it's just the place for a family with a couple of kids.

jeaniep Apr 21st 2009 6:16 am

[Now this is very helpful.. Thank youvery much.. unfortunately it's full... Looks like we are going to stuck in al Eissa for a long while then...somebody helpppp!!!!

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by jeaniep (Post 7498689)
[Now this is very helpful.. Thank youvery much.. unfortunately it's full... Looks like we are going to stuck in al Eissa for a long while then...somebody helpppp!!!!

i'd keep in touch with the manager of Eid as much as possible (or any other compound you like, for that matter) as the concept of 'waiting list' here is not what you think. most of the time it's a matter of being there in the office and getting it, irrespective of the length of 'the list'. (they're kind of 'lazy' like that.)

don't give up, something'll work out.

coffindodger Apr 21st 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7498660)
hey coffin... why don't you add this to the wiki page? there's one on compounds in saud that probably needs a refresher

Yes i took all the info for most of the compounds off the site. Also a lot good info as well Shame it was a superb site lots of good info esp for newbies.

coffindodger Apr 21st 2009 9:11 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7498660)

There's a good idea
your wish is my command.Here's one i made earlier ha ha

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Saudi_Lifestyle

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 7499050)
There's a good idea
your wish is my command.Here's one i made earlier ha ha

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Saudi_Lifestyle

well done! have some karma