British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Al Bandar at Al Raha - anyone got any info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/al-bandar-al-raha-anyone-got-any-info-687558/)

weescot Sep 30th 2010 8:01 am

Al Bandar at Al Raha - anyone got any info

Friend of mine looking at these apartments to rent - a lot of hype about them and facilities seem some way off completion.

Anyone got any inside scoop on this complex in terms of how long before Aldar finishes everything?

GB1982 Sep 30th 2010 10:36 am

Re: Al Bandar at Al Raha - anyone got any info

Well, I was working there up until a year ago when all hell broke loose and they decided to let most of there staff go. Even at that time they were quoting 12 years before the deelopment is complete. I would guess now maybe a little longer.

The development next to Al Bandar is well on way to completeion but my guess is your talking at least another 12 months, the other that is well on its way is Al Zeina, first one closest to the airport. that is suppossed to be finished early next year. As for the remaining then the Tender documents are just being released for pricing so that will be at least 3 years..

Hope that helps some what.

weescot Sep 30th 2010 11:05 am

thanks. he has decided not to go ahead. REports that the Aldar letting "office" place is chaotic/overwhelmed, they and landlords seem to have a have a "take it of leave it" attitude and half the place is a building site. gym is a long way off completion, as well as the units that will be coffee shops etc... which he assumes are not let either.

soukie Oct 1st 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8886686)
thanks. he has decided not to go ahead. REports that the Aldar letting "office" place is chaotic/overwhelmed, they and landlords seem to have a have a "take it of leave it" attitude and half the place is a building site. gym is a long way off completion, as well as the units that will be coffee shops etc... which he assumes are not let either.

Thought it would be like that - remember the rush for Al Raha Gardens and now they are struggling to rent them .

DustyBits Oct 3rd 2010 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8889802)
Thought it would be like that - remember the rush for Al Raha Gardens and now they are struggling to rent them .

We're in Al Raha Gardens and surrounded by empty villas. Every week I see removal vans shifting people out but have not seen one move in for months. Did notice the first drop in rents advertised this week though.

DB

soukie Oct 3rd 2010 3:15 pm

Just heard that the rental price for a 3 bed appartment at Al Bandar is Dhs. 280,000.

Millhouse Oct 3rd 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8893095)
Just heard that the price for a 3 bed appartment at Al Bandar is Dhs. 280,000.

asking price...

who on Earth is going to live there at that price?

soukie Oct 3rd 2010 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8893153)
asking price...

who on Earth is going to live there at that price?

Some will take them for the "snob" value especially if the Company are paying that amount for rents. It will probably end up a bit like Al Raha Gardens - popullar for the first few years and then a ghost town. It's also been reported in MEED this week that the Al Raha Beach project will be delayed - we all knew this of course but it's now official so I expect that it will be a building site for a good few years yet which means very limited facilities, if any.

csdf Oct 3rd 2010 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8893167)
Some will take them for the "snob" value especially if the Company are paying that amount for rents. It will probably end up a bit like Al Raha Gardens - popullar for the first few years and then a ghost town. It's also been reported in MEED this week that the Al Raha Beach project will be delayed - we all knew this of course but it's now official so I expect that it will be a building site for a good few years yet which means very limited facilities, if any.

Is ARG really suffering an exodus? Some recently-arrived acquaintances of mine chose to move there rather than find a place in town. Purely to make me feel better for doing the opposite, I'd love to know if my friends are in a minority.

Oyibopeppeh Oct 4th 2010 3:44 am

Originally Posted by csdf (Post 8893410)
Is ARG really suffering an exodus? Some recently-arrived acquaintances of mine chose to move there rather than find a place in town. Purely to make me feel better for doing the opposite, I'd love to know if my friends are in a minority.

Unless you're extremely lucky, for similar money you'll never find a villa as big as ARG (or anywhere in Khalifa) on the Island. We were house hunting for 2 weeks and all we were shown on the Island were doll's houses.

flares Oct 4th 2010 4:07 am

according to The National's property supplement this weekend the price to buy a 3-bed is around 3,750,000 or 650k gbp.

I'm very interested at that price.

weescot Oct 4th 2010 4:15 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8893960)
according to The National's property supplement this weekend the price to buy a 3-bed is around 3,750,000 or 650k gbp.

I went back at the weekend with my friend - first impressions are good, but once you have a good look around you will see that whilst it is a great location and well planned community, it is not quite complete and this is putting some people off either buying or renting. As has been metioned before, the bedrooms are small. Infact, the one and two bedroomed apartments are tiny! Beyond the building entrances you will find that corridors are narrow. Visitors parking seems to be non-existant too and the development is surrounding by ongoing delayed construction projects. I think he made a wise choice going elsewhere. All PR hype after a press tour it seems.

Depends what you want to buy for. Call me a killjoy, but unless you are going to live there in a company let 6 months down the line, stay clear IMHO.

Millhouse Oct 4th 2010 4:24 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8893960)

I too am interested in that price... Interested in how they think that 3.75m AED is justifiable for a flat in the middle of nowhere that will struggle to get fully let up and with service charges that will bleed you to death!

I just can't see how it will make economic sense, it will be another JBR.

flares Oct 4th 2010 4:47 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8893974)
I too am interested in that price... Interested in how they think that 3.75m AED is justifiable for a flat in the middle of nowhere that will struggle to get fully let up and with service charges that will bleed you to death!

I just can't see how it will make economic sense, it will be another JBR.

You're not wrong. I had to check online just to make sure I'm not feeding you mis-information. (I am actually advertised price is 145k more that 3.75m!!)

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/...terfront-units

To be fair the reporter does slip in 'it's pricey'. Cannot for the life of me understand how or why the asking price is so high.

csdf Oct 4th 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 8893943)
Unless you're extremely lucky, for similar money you'll never find a villa as big as ARG (or anywhere in Khalifa) on the Island. We were house hunting for 2 weeks and all we were shown on the Island were doll's houses.

Perhap's one man's dolls' house is another man's mansion? :p
I think we were lucky - 4 beds, cheaper than our friends are paying in ARG. Not a new house, mind, but much better location. And not all huggle-muggled together with barely room for a car to pass another.