Al Ain assistance

Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

IndigoGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Ain assistance

Hi All

I am sure this question has been posed before and I have looked back and only found old posts and I am finding it really frustrating at the moment because of all the conflicting information online. We are looking for either an apartment or an aparthotel for one for three or so months from mid February however when we search for aparthotels the actual hotels that come up do not show any details other than a room in the description with the exception of Top Hotel Apartments (can anyone tell me what this is like?). I know we will not be the only ones who are or who have been in this position and if anyone can point us in the right direction I would appreciate it. The closer to the airport the better because initially taxi will be the mode of transport. The other alternative is to find out which are nice areas close (ish) to the airport as we may well have to look at renting a villa/house straight away and getting the bare essentials until our furniture etc arrives. Any area advice would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone

from a slightly panicky expat to be!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Ain assistance

Do people use Al Ain airport seeing as the city is only an hour and a bit from Dubai/Abu Dhabi airports?

and free busses operate from Abu Dhabi for those who fly in
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
Do people use Al Ain airport seeing as the city is only an hour and a bit from Dubai/Abu Dhabi airports?

and free busses operate from Abu Dhabi for those who fly in
My husband will be working at the airport
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Don't stress yourself out - I have never seen a western expat sleeping on the streets of Al Ain!

Aparthotels - I have mentioned 2 in my blog; the Danat also has some apartments, as do the City Seasons I believe. http://mbfullemptyquarter.blogspot.c...-2-hotels.html.

Download google earth, copy and paste the GPS co-ords given and you will be able to see for yourself how far everywhere is away from the airport. Having said that everything is far away from the airport, there's nothing there apart from the actual airport, the flight training schools and the aviation factories.

The nearest residential areas to the airport are Al Towayya, Al Bateen, Habooy and Markhaniya. Maybe your husband can get a lift from a colleague until he finds his feet, though many hire cars, car hire price is not too bad compared to uk and petrol costs are 20% of "home".
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoGirl View Post
My husband will be working at the airport
OK got ya

but honestly consider getting a car
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Bluelioness and Saudiflares