Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The airmile scam...

The airmile scam...

Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default The airmile scam...

I have been saving airmiles for ages......spent a small fortune on travel and setting up here all using airmiles and hsbc visa to accummulate airmiles.

i get a statement today and a pamphlet of what I can buy (sod all).

I then worked out that for every dirham you spend you get 0.7fils to spend in the airmiles catalogue.

This equats to (tough maths here) a 0.7% discount on goods effectively at an airmiles registered store.

End result...you're most than likely better off at the cheapest place than at the place with airmiles.

I don't know why i felt the need to post all that but oh well.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 10:59 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: The airmile scam...

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I have been saving airmiles for ages......spent a small fortune on travel and setting up here all using airmiles and hsbc visa to accummulate airmiles.

i get a statement today and a pamphlet of what I can buy (sod all).

I then worked out that for every dirham you spend you get 0.7fils to spend in the airmiles catalogue.

This equats to (tough maths here) a 0.7% discount on goods effectively at an airmiles registered store.

End result...you're most than likely better off at the cheapest place than at the place with airmiles.

I don't know why i felt the need to post all that but oh well.
Yeah those useless airmiles. I save them up for ages and all they get me are upgrades each way between London and Dubai. (Could have just got a free flight but I'm a spoilt cow).

Yes, that's right, I'm back. The new and improved Kristy is in town so look out!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:41 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The airmile scam...

Originally Posted by kristy
Yeah those useless airmiles. I save them up for ages and all they get me are upgrades each way between London and Dubai. (Could have just got a free flight but I'm a spoilt cow).

Yes, that's right, I'm back. The new and improved Kristy is in town so look out!
Hello Kristy, welcome back, how long you here for?? We have to go 4 a beer with some of the girls