Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Airline Questions......

Airline Questions......

Old May 27th 2008, 5:41 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airline Questions......

Hiya couple of quick questions>

Can anyone tell me whether you can take a suit as hand luggage with your one piece of hand luggage?or do you have to pack it into your case. I have seen people holding their suits with their luggage but wanted to find out for sure.

On.........Etihad and Continental Airlines....

Also does anyone know what Continential airlines are like? And what is A First I presume its a class of travel but the internet website seems to have no infomation on this and what you get for it? All i found was someone saying they had boiling hot soup??? so cant be that good!!??? ..........
Old May 27th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Questions......

I think all American airlines are equally bad.

I have carried a suit through, no problems but that actually was my only piece... but like you I have seen ppl with a suit plus strolleys or whatever, certainly in DXB. I have no idea how strict they would be elsewhere.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Hiya couple of quick questions>

Can anyone tell me whether you can take a suit as hand luggage with your one piece of hand luggage?or do you have to pack it into your case. I have seen people holding their suits with their luggage but wanted to find out for sure.

On.........Etihad and Continental Airlines....

Also does anyone know what Continential airlines are like? And what is A First I presume its a class of travel but the internet website seems to have no infomation on this and what you get for it? All i found was someone saying they had boiling hot soup??? so cant be that good!!??? ..........
Twink,im pretty sure that with continental the A first is just another grading in 1st,and entitles you to all the usual.As far as the hand luggage goes,you are allowed 2 items,but im not sure if a suit bag is too big but you may be able to pay a small charge to get it on.Ive emailed a friend who works with them all the time so he will confirm it.As soon as I hear from him i will let you know!
Old May 27th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

I have never been turned away by any aline with just a suit carrier. Whether they will allow you two pieces depends on local rules and regs I think.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

First class on an american carrier equates to say economy class service on Emirates or Singapore airlines...
Old May 27th 2008, 7:18 am
W10

Continental isn't too bad - I flew tyo JFK with them last year. More room in economy and way more comfortable than on Emirates.

Business class (flew back biz) not too bad but not fantastic

Old May 27th 2008, 8:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You have a much better chance of taking on hand luggage plus a suitcarrier if travelling business or first class, as these sections have 'wardrobes' so such items can be hung up during flights.

Of course, you could always ring the relevant airline & ask them.....
Old May 27th 2008, 10:43 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You have a much better chance of taking on hand luggage plus a suitcarrier if travelling business or first class, as these sections have 'wardrobes' so such items can be hung up during flights.

Of course, you could always ring the relevant airline & ask them.....
Now thats a good idea! Doh never thought of that!
Ive just rung Etihad now and for future reference ...Business Class ...two pieces of hand luggage can be taken on in addition to one piece of check in luggage.
Suits can be carried on as a second luggage item....
Ok thats sorted ..........
Cant find about first in Continential airlines no contact number and their webpage does not state suits???? Have found one with a map of their plane and it looks a bit pants...just extra legroom, free drinks and fed more often than the riff raff in economy...Not that i'm complaining I'm not going i'm home alone and if i was it would only be in the riff raff section....
Old May 27th 2008, 10:45 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
First class on an american carrier equates to say economy class service on Emirates or Singapore airlines...
Ewww ewww glad i'm not going now then!
Old May 27th 2008, 10:46 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by W10
Continental isn't too bad - I flew tyo JFK with them last year. More room in economy and way more comfortable than on Emirates.

Business class (flew back biz) not too bad but not fantastic
Was that a smile and a flirt upgrade by any chance????
Old May 27th 2008, 12:29 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Twink,im pretty sure that with continental the A first is just another grading in 1st,and entitles you to all the usual.As far as the hand luggage goes,you are allowed 2 items,but im not sure if a suit bag is too big but you may be able to pay a small charge to get it on.Ive emailed a friend who works with them all the time so he will confirm it.As soon as I hear from him i will let you know!
Any luck from your friend at Contini???
Old May 27th 2008, 12:45 pm
W10

Was that a smile and a flirt upgrade by any chance????
Well...if you got it

Old May 27th 2008, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Any luck from your friend at Contini???
Ok,he says that yes,you will be in first,but as far as suit carrier goes it depends on the departure airport as the rules sometimes vary.some have no problem with the 2 hand-luggage rule so you need to call them.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:58 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Ok,he says that yes,you will be in first,but as far as suit carrier goes it depends on the departure airport as the rules sometimes vary.some have no problem with the 2 hand-luggage rule so you need to call them.
Thanx MD.....

Will tell im to stuff em under his t-shirt if it comes to it.....

He has over 24 hours before he gets to his hotel cant risk crumpling or loosing them........Manic schedule!! I shall just be lazing by the pool till he returns!
Old May 28th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx MD.....

Will tell im to stuff em under his t-shirt if it comes to it.....

He has over 24 hours before he gets to his hotel cant risk crumpling or loosing them........Manic schedule!! I shall just be lazing by the pool till he returns!
what no cleaning to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.