Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Air travel...from Dubai

Air travel...from Dubai

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Air travel...from Dubai

I'm not stupid enough to know that it isn't peak time to get out of Dubai but why is August soooo expensive! Not even the London via routes are cheap!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air travel...from Dubai

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
I'm not stupid enough to know that it isn't peak time to get out of Dubai but why is August soooo expensive! Not even the London via routes are cheap!
can't cope with the double negatives... it's not peak season but it's expensive???
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

But surely it is peak time to leave dubai, i thought most expats left in August (Not all but most) to go back home, so i would assume that flight would have gone up ?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

we're heading back to the Toon in august for a week, direct flight with emirates - £650.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:09 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
we're heading back to the Toon in august for a week, direct flight with emirates - £650.
Bugger me...that is expensive...or is that the price for two tickets?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lionheart
Bugger me...that is expensive...or is that the price for two tickets?
I bet its for 1 ticket
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Sorry, clearly didn't read what I wrote!!! Best I can get is BA £460 per ticket not even Qatar via Doha is cheap like it usually is.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, clearly didn't read what I wrote!!! Best I can get is BA £460 per ticket not even Qatar via Doha is cheap like it usually is.
quick check on expedia gives GBP 448 on Qatar... normally can knock off GBP5-10 by going to airline website (though of course it depends on your actual dates!)
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Not flying 14th or 15th August and back on the 17th it isn't, regretably and I guess if they are within £20/30 of each other, getting points is worth it?! I checked airline websites and expedia and Kayak... but as has been pointed out, everyone (ok, a lot) wants back to Europe in August
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I think every airline is hiking ticket prices due to the price of oil. They probably won't come down as fast if the price of oil comes down though.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

If you book BA before Tuesday you escape their fuel increase
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:31 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

If I read this right, it means....

I am intelligent enough to know that it is off-peak time time to get out of Dubai but why is August sooo expensive!! Even the London via routes are expensive!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Not flying 14th or 15th August and back on the 17th it isn't, regretably and I guess if they are within £20/30 of each other, getting points is worth it?! I checked airline websites and expedia and Kayak... but as has been pointed out, everyone (ok, a lot) wants back to Europe in August
often cheaper if there's a clear 3 days.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

As I said, apologies for not writing a clearer post.

Yes it appears three clear days make a difference...£430 on Qatar.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:47 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
But surely it is peak time to leave dubai, i thought most expats left in August (Not all but most) to go back home
Not all, not most -try "some"

The days when "most" expats left for the summer are long gone. These days you'll find quite a few expat wives taking the kids home for six weeks, but the place is far from deserted.

I'm planning to use airmiles to fly back for a week in July... I'm fully expecting the tax to be almost as much as buying a normal ticket...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.