Air Arabia

Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air Arabia

Anyone used Air Arabia ? Are they the EasyJet of the ME ? RO worse ? Or better ?

Cheers
Nic
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Re: Air Arabia

Originally Posted by Nic1
Anyone used Air Arabia ? Are they the EasyJet of the ME ? RO worse ? Or better ?

Cheers
Nic
They're grand - just know what your getting into - the airport ain't Dubai and the service aint EK/CX/SIN - spend the time you would have been shopping in Dubai counting the money you saved!
CH
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:26 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Best of the low cost I've used out here. Even managed to get home from Istanbul on them.

Sharjah sucks. It's a million times worse if you don't have an e-gate card. Leave at least an hour and a half to get through Sharjah to the airport if you're going when the roads are busy.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Sharjah airport is a (not very) gloryfied bus station.
but Air Arabia are pretty good. Flew them to Oman, Bahrain and Sri Lanka. never any problems and not really any delays.

better to accept that you don't get fed than to buy their food though.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. I never eat on planes so foods not a problem. Do you get an allocated seat or is it a free for all ? On their website they charge 100sr to prebook a seat - don't mind paying to get seats together but won't if we can get them allocated at the airport.

Cheers
N
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:44 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was up to 100AED - and that was only for the most expensive seats (aisle, front of the plane)?

Unless the plane is incredibly busy and you arrive late, you'll almost certainly be able to get seats together at the airport. However, I thought you could book seats together in advance for AED5 each, as long as you don't want a 'good' seat...

(You're in Saudi, right? The RUH-SHJ flight gets very busy, particularly on Wednesdays!)
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks - I was trying to book front row seats! LOL! However, as they use the VBV system and we don't have a post code we have to go to the travel agency - so will check with them. We are flying on a Wed so no doubt it will be packed . . .

Cheers
N