Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ahhhhh.....Home at last.....

Ahhhhh.....Home at last.....

Old Dec 30th 2005, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Ahhhhh.....Home at last.....

Well....
The plane took off 35 minutes late,and had to change its course far too many times,and that made an additional delay of around one hour...
And to make matters worse,in DXB airport,the bus that picked us up at the runway,had to wait for some sort of clearance to unload us,and that also took 15 minutes.
And,then,the icing on the cake,had to wait to get the passport stamped for almost 2 hours,maybe more,because at that time,my watch battery expired.....
All in all,the delay cost me about 4 hours of my life...Less sleep for me...
See you kiddies soon.....
And again,Merry Christmas and sincere wishes for a Happier New Year...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhhhh.....Home at last.....

Shoushou, if you want to skip some of that wait next time -- grab yourself an 'egate' card. Available at the airport departure cafeteria (upstairs).

They are 200AED+ but well worth it, considering you don't need to wait for the passport line coming, or going. In addition to the time you save, you also get to use a machine instead of the humans that are waiting for you at the end of the passport line.

The other delays you mention sound status-quo.
It's nothing that a and a can't cure.

Happy New Year to you as well.
Where is the 'must-go' venue for NYE in Dubai? <obligatory britishexpats topic change>

Last edited by BurpusMe; Dec 30th 2005 at 7:23 am.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:11 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Shoushou, if you want to skip some of that wait next time -- grab yourself an 'egate' card. Available at the airport departure cafeteria (upstairs).

They are 200AED+ but well worth it, considering you don't need to wait for the passport line coming, or going. In addition to the time you save, you also get to use a machine instead of the humans that are waiting for you at the end of the passport line.

Where is the 'must-go' venue for NYE in Dubai? <obligatory britishexpats topic change>

Welcome Back Bud!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shoushou
Well....
The plane took off 35 minutes late,and had to change its course far too many times,and that made an additional delay of around one hour...
And to make matters worse,in DXB airport,the bus that picked us up at the runway,had to wait for some sort of clearance to unload us,and that also took 15 minutes.
And,then,the icing on the cake,had to wait to get the passport stamped for almost 2 hours,maybe more,because at that time,my watch battery expired.....

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:38 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Well....

Thats great, I am really happy for u SS

Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe

Thank you
As regards the egate card,can residents of Sharjah also obtain one,my residency visa is a Sharjah visa...If I can,that would just be magnificent...
As for the must go venue for NYE,if the queue in the arport was any longer,Im sure that the airport was my 'must-stay' venue for NYE 2006...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Welcome Back Bud!
Good to be back...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Singlemom
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great to be back Missy....
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Malteser
Thats great, I am really happy for u SS

Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Same here Malt...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Great to be back Missy....

How long are you staying this time?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Singlemom

How long are you staying this time?
8th of January...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:10 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

erm, do I know you?

Or does abscence make the fart go honda! or something like that!!
Well....
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:26 am
W10

Hey - welcome back buddy.

Enjoy your brief stay in our fair country

Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:35 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
Hey - welcome back buddy.

Enjoy your brief stay in our fair country
Wife and wee one must be happy to have you back after all this time although I guess being holed up in the middle of China at least they know you cant get up to much...............
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:57 pm
W10

Guanzhou is a cesspit of depravity!!

And it's only 45 minutes by plane from Hong Kong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.