Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Agents in Qatar-A word of warning

Agents in Qatar-A word of warning

Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agents in Qatar-A word of warning

I met with the owner of my apartment this morning and discussed a few things with him in regards to the agent i used. He was basically a useless,lazy idiot and very aggresive on the phone.

The owner told me that he had allready paid the agents fees of one months rent to him. I was also instructed to pay him half a months rent.

The agent also told the owner that i was very old and that probaly best not to contact me directly as i was busy...Im only 27 and im never that busy that i cant pick up the phone.

So basically this guy had opened the door to an apartment for me and has now gained a month and a halfs rent for his troubles....He cashed my cheque 17 mins after i seen him.

He was pretty much non contactable the whole time i dealt with him and never ever seemed to want to answer questions

So a word of warning regards agents. Dont use them if you dont have to and allways allways contact the owner before handing over money. More than likely his fees have allready been covered and you should owe no money
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:18 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agents in Qatar-A word of warning

Originally Posted by RyanC
I met with the owner of my apartment this morning and discussed a few things with him in regards to the agent i used. He was basically a useless,lazy idiot and very aggresive on the phone.

The owner told me that he had allready paid the agents fees of one months rent to him. I was also instructed to pay him half a months rent.

The agent also told the owner that i was very old and that probaly best not to contact me directly as i was busy...Im only 27 and im never that busy that i cant pick up the phone.

So basically this guy had opened the door to an apartment for me and has now gained a month and a halfs rent for his troubles....He cashed my cheque 17 mins after i seen him.

He was pretty much non contactable the whole time i dealt with him and never ever seemed to want to answer questions

So a word of warning regards agents. Dont use them if you dont have to and allways allways contact the owner before handing over money. More than likely his fees have allready been covered and you should owe no money
Good advice bud, I told the one we used to get the Villa to F off and he could have 3k take it or leave it. He took it.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Good advice bud, I told the one we used to get the Villa to F off and he could have 3k take it or leave it. He took it.
Yeah there is a lot of things i did wrong in regards all this but hey you learn from your mistakes

I handed him all the cheques and as i handed his payment cheque i told him its the most pointless amount of money ive ever had to pay. Told him i feel stupid paying someone this amount for the service provided. Hence him speeding away straight to the bank and cashing it. Twat

The months rent that i gave him in advance that he kept telling me was going to the owner was the owner himself paying him the commision.

My landlord is a really nice guy and he looked generally upset i had to pay these fees as he believed he was covering everything. He also looked shocked when he seen me in regards that i was young. One of this first lines was "but you look so young" que awkward silences where i had to ask him if this was a proplem for him. Wasnt a problem he had just been lied to by the agent

Hes on a few property websites and is the agent for a lot of villas,apartments

Avoid him like the plaque

Last edited by mikewot; Mar 21st 2013 at 12:59 pm. Reason: Don't name names
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the warning Ryan - luckily I got the name before it was deleted!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:35 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Yeah there is a lot of things i did wrong in regards all this but hey you learn from your mistakes

I handed him all the cheques and as i handed his payment cheque i told him its the most pointless amount of money ive ever had to pay. Told him i feel stupid paying someone this amount for the service provided. Hence him speeding away straight to the bank and cashing it. Twat

The months rent that i gave him in advance that he kept telling me was going to the owner was the owner himself paying him the commision.

My landlord is a really nice guy and he looked generally upset i had to pay these fees as he believed he was covering everything. He also looked shocked when he seen me in regards that i was young. One of this first lines was "but you look so young" que awkward silences where i had to ask him if this was a proplem for him. Wasnt a problem he had just been lied to by the agent

Hes on a few property websites and is the agent for a lot of villas,apartments

Avoid him like the plaque

I see the headmaster strikes again

Where does it say you cannot name someone that rips you off Mike? What a load of b*******.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I see the headmaster strikes again

Where does it say you cannot name someone that rips you off Mike? What a load of b*******.
You can name names ..but our Mod is still settling in, so we should give him some leeway
However..there is nothing in Queens Regulations that states that we can not name people who rip us off

By the way darling (Britexpat76).....I wanted to give you some more Karma..but I am told that I need to "spread it around"..I will catch up asap xxx

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Mar 21st 2013 at 3:51 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Not in these forums you may not. Sue would not appreciate court cases for defamation.

Last edited by mikewot; Mar 21st 2013 at 6:31 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:33 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by mikewot
Not in these forums you may not. Sue would not appreciate court cases for defamation.
You usually quote the rule, I take it there isn't one then?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You usually quote the rule, I take it there isn't one then?
Ah yes, I am bound by the rules but in this case it was a discussion between myself and Sue about people being taken to court on the interwebnets for ridiculous stuff. Perhaps the rules need updating but in the interim be aware that Sue isn't minded to open herself up to legal redress.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:41 pm
Shark Fisherman

Ah yes, I am bound by the rules but in this case it was a discussion between myself and Sue about people being taken to court on the interwebnets for ridiculous stuff. Perhaps the rules need updating but in the interim be aware that Sue isn't minded to open herself up to legal redress.
I am mobile so I cannot check but I assume it would say the site and owner take no responsibility for anything anyone says? And what is the chances of the dodgy agent mohammed flip flop logging onto BE? What Ryan put on here was a helpful warning to others and I cannot see and you cannot show that it broke site rules so why remove it?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

I am mobile so I cannot check but I assume it would say the site and owner take no responsibility for anything anyone says? And what is the chances of the dodgy agent mohammed flip flop logging onto BE? What Ryan put on here was a helpful warning to others and I cannot see and you cannot show that it broke site rules so why remove it?
Because we've even had 'dodgy' thread titles have to be modified just in case the person alleged of the alleged crime took umbrage. I believe this is called covering ones ass. Easy for you to say x, y and z but if it was your site you wouldn't be quite so blase methinks
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:33 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

In some countries , even though the allegations might be true you can still be done for defamation , slight of character etc
Old Mar 21st 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.emirates247.com/news/your...02-02-1.350428
As much as I disagree with our Mod censoring our posts, we always have to be aware of the above.
However, it does not stop me from mentioning that ..."Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." ...Douglas Bader
You being a military man Mr. Mikewot...will appreciate that quote
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
In some countries , even though the allegations might be true you can still be done for defamation , slight of character etc
This is not true.

Truth is always a defence to defamation.

Fact.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
This is not true.

Truth is always a defence to defamation.

Fact.
A blogger here was sued by a restaurant because he wrote an unfavourable review of the restaurant and was made to retract it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.