Reload this Page >

After School Childcare in Jeddah

After School Childcare in Jeddah

Old Jan 9th 2014, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

HopeSkye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After School Childcare in Jeddah

Hi All

Both my husband & I are looking into accepting new jobs in Jeddah so I have started to look seriously at school options etc for our son. The obvious choice seems to be The British International school, assuming I can get a place for him, but can anyone advise about afterschool childcare options? I gather there aren't many families where both parents work so am worried that there are no kind of childcare clubs after school? Would my only option be to find a nanny?

many thanks
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After School Childcare in Jeddah

Originally Posted by HopeSkye
Hi All

Both my husband & I are looking into accepting new jobs in Jeddah so I have started to look seriously at school options etc for our son. The obvious choice seems to be The British International school, assuming I can get a place for him, but can anyone advise about afterschool childcare options? I gather there aren't many families where both parents work so am worried that there are no kind of childcare clubs after school? Would my only option be to find a nanny?

many thanks
Good luck getting into the British school, you'll need it! Where abouts in jeddah are you? The German international school (Nada Compound) in jeddah is switching to the IB curriculum in September. It's a lovely school, so maybe a second choice if local enough. As for child care, I'm not aware of any after school clubs (although I live in a compound with a high %age of Arab families where the mothers don't work and still can't be arsed to look after their own kids...) so nannies are the main solution. Speak to the management of the compound you're living at - assuming you are in a compound.

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; Jan 13th 2014 at 5:10 am.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:35 am
Just Joined

HopeSkye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for the reply & advice.

We are not actually in Jeddah yet....I am still trying to work through whether it would work & getting a good school, compound etc are top of my list of concerns!

So do you reckon we will struggle to get a place at the British school even though Bristish citizens? thanks for the advice about the German school, will look into that one as well. any other schools you would rate as good?

In terms of compounds, the package includes accomodation on "a good quality compound" but doesn't specify which one so we pushing back on that. what would be your advice?

sorry for all the questions, but it sounds like you know about Jeddah!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HopeSkye
Hi

Thanks for the reply & advice.

We are not actually in Jeddah yet....I am still trying to work through whether it would work & getting a good school, compound etc are top of my list of concerns!

So do you reckon we will struggle to get a place at the British school even though Bristish citizens? thanks for the advice about the German school, will look into that one as well. any other schools you would rate as good?

In terms of compounds, the package includes accomodation on "a good quality compound" but doesn't specify which one so we pushing back on that. what would be your advice?

sorry for all the questions, but it sounds like you know about Jeddah!
I know a bit! Sadly yes, being British does not help at all when it comes to schooling it doesn't matter where you're from... Possibly a lot of your queries can be answered depending on your personal circumstances... If you need to know more, please pm me. Always happy to help!

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; Jan 13th 2014 at 7:27 pm. Reason: She
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, the BISJ will not guarantee places for your children until they sit entry exams (subject to their ages). I brought out my family mid year (December 2010) and had to have faith it would all come together. Also bear in mind your husband will have to come out on his own initially to get his residency sorted and then he can apply for the family's residency.

Still here in Jeddah if you need to know anything else.

Jason