Reload this Page >

After school babysitters in Mirdif

After school babysitters in Mirdif

Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:07 am
Just Joined

barbamama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After school babysitters in Mirdif

Hi there,

My family are moving back to Dubai in January, 2009 after an 8 year hiatus. We've chosen to live in Mirdif again as it is the half way point to both of our places of work.

I am searching for someone, preferable a stay-at-home Mom, to watch my kids on the odd afternoon (maybe once or twice a week) after school until about 6:00 pm.

We don't have our schools sorted yet (we like living on the edge) or know where in Mirdif we'll be living. My children are aged 6 and 8. They get along well with other children.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After school babysitters in Mirdif

well...then you are in for a bit of a surprise....8 years ago you say....

There is a great school in Mirdif now, Uptown...but you'll better start crossing your fingers to get them in...
Have you been back here since...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
well...then you are in for a bit of a surprise....8 years ago you say....

There is a great school in Mirdif now, Uptown...but you'll better start crossing your fingers to get them in...
Have you been back here since...
for a minute, i thought you were volunteering for the job, mh...

MM, xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:05 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
for a minute, i thought you were volunteering for the job, mh...

MM, xx
a whole minute....jeez...what's wrong with you
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

a whole minute....jeez...what's wrong with you
well, you fit the job spec...

MM, xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:09 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well, you fit the job spec...

MM, xx
rub rub rub...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

rub rub rub...
surely you mean wub wub wub...

MM, xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:16 am
hmmmm...nice

Barbamama...8 years ago...were there already 2 villas on Algeria street, white with blue angular walls sticking out....coming from Airportside they would probably be the last builings on the righthand side before driving into the desert again...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Algeria street was named 8-10 years ago? We purely went on directions! If you turned left at Mirdif private school I lived on the left hand side past the mosque and the wee shop. Pretty greeny-coloured villas in a compound of 6. Loved that place.

I haven't been back but I still have friends there. My husband has been and said I wouldn't recognize it. It sounds terrific to me.

Now, can I convince you to look after my kids....

Ciao,

Barbamama

PS. Don't get me started about schools. Losing sleep over that one!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:29 am
hmmmm...nice

Algeria Street is now the main street that runs through Mirdif, the one that the Private school is on...

as for looking after your kids...hahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I'd say find a school first and then ask around with the mums there...it would be the easiest option to find someone from your kids school so they can take them with them, as the schools don't all finish the same time...
and really start looking for schools a.s.a.p....
Houses won't be too much of a problem, loads of new compounds around...expect rents from dhs 150.000 p/a upwards...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice.
I started applying for schools last year...we were meant to be moving this October. Things were pushed back til January so now the schools are digging through their files for our applications! I am pestering them on a regular basis.

I should have about 6 weeks between arriving and starting work. I hope that's enough time to sort things out, even sponsor a maid if needed.

We have a healthy accommodation allowance (for Mirdif, that is...nowhere else though) so things should be OK on that front. We have to figure out which part of Mirdif to live in....apparently since the runway was extended, noise is a bit worse where we used to live. Didn't bother us then so I don't imagine it will bother us now. We'll just have to wait and see.

I have a lovely house in France for sale in case you're in the market

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:48 am
hmmmm...nice

yeah...we are under a flight path but the noise never bothers me either, so if you are ok with that you can live anywhere really...
If you want to live in a compound there is plenty of them around, single villas might be a bit harder to find as they don't seem to be built that much any more...the ones around are a bit older...

and no thanks...I love France but I wouldn't want to live there...keep it as a nice holiday retreat for us here on BE...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

maybe a better option would be a live in maid xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

You are probably right but I've heard such horror stories about absconding, theiving, lying maids. I'm also not sure I'm comfortable living with a stranger. This is probably the route I'll have to take though. That way there is peace of mind for sick days, school holidays etc.

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barbamama
You are probably right but I've heard such horror stories about absconding, theiving, lying maids. I'm also not sure I'm comfortable living with a stranger. This is probably the route I'll have to take though. That way there is peace of mind for sick days, school holidays etc.

Thanks for your help.
yea plus you have to sponsor them and that aint cheap.

Also a maid doesnt automatically make a childminder does it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.