British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   AED1,500,000 reward for finding Timmy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/aed1-500-000-reward-finding-timmy-781187/)

Kix Dec 20th 2012 5:16 am

AED1,500,000 reward for finding Timmy

Well the family are still trying...

Interesting point in the narrative, an Australian woman was believed to be missing for 2 years when she walked out of a Dubai jail last week!

There are phones in all the jails, that doesn't ring true.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...immy-1.1121387

lanarkwitch Dec 20th 2012 5:50 am

Re: AED1,500,000 reward for finding Timmy

It's just so awful for the family not knowing what happened, and all the other families out there in the same position, especially at this time of year when theres an empty seat at the dinner table.

I pray to the gods that this family get some closure on this very soon.

Blue Cat Dec 20th 2012 1:17 pm

I can't see it making an difference to the situation to be perfectly honest with you :(

norsk Dec 20th 2012 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10443148)
Well the family are still trying...

Interesting point in the narrative, an Australian woman was believed to be missing for 2 years when she walked out of a Dubai jail last week!

There are phones in all the jails, that doesn't ring true.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...immy-1.1121387

Agreed, that story about the woman being 'missing' in a Dubai jail for 2 years would have been in the news. Also since it clearly hasn't been, how does the wife know about it. Sounds like hearsay to me, similar to the bike gang theory that the uncle was pushing some months ago.

I understand the family are hurting and need some kind of closure, but these are pipe dreams and whoever is pushing this agenda is feeding the wife false hope (in my opinion).

Blue Cat Dec 20th 2012 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10443683)
Agreed, that story about the woman being 'missing' in a Dubai jail for 2 years would have been in the news. Also since it clearly hasn't been, how does the wife know about it. Sounds like hearsay to me, similar to the bike gang theory that the uncle was pushing some months ago.

I understand the family are hurting and need some kind of closure, but these are pipe dreams and whoever is pushing this agenda is feeding the wife false hope (in my opinion).

it must have been a newspaper who has put that amount of money up though?

norsk Dec 20th 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10443688)
it must have been a newspaper who has put that amount of money up though?

i would guess it is one of the redtops and of course they are likely to have the family's welfare as their main concern..:sneaky:

The Dean Dec 21st 2012 4:40 am

I have information about Timmy's whereabouts, plus full details of what happened on the night he disappeared........ but I'm not going to tell you - I prefer to put his wife, children and friends through a bizarre form of psychological hell...........

........ oh but wait! What's this?? A big reward!! Oh well in that case, he's locked in a rented garage in Al Quoz. Turn left at the car repair place, then take the second right, and it's the third garage on the left....... the key is under a small rock by the side door. Where are you going to leave my reward money?

Kix Dec 21st 2012 5:05 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10443683)

I've tried googling it all over, and the only thing it comes up with is the gulf news story.

Sounds very much like hearsay to me, of a very cruel kind.

auzdafluff Dec 25th 2012 4:43 pm

Funnily enough I was talking about this very thing with my cousin that used to be in the Navy.

What he's heard from his friends that are career sailors, the matelots said Timmy was a – and I quote – a "boring twat" who wouldn't shut up about his wife and kids, and how much he couldn't wait to get back to them.

Apparently he wasn't a huge drinker either, which sort of puts a dampener on the drunk theory.

There's too much that is still unknown.

Pollyana Dec 26th 2012 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10444971)
I've tried googling it all over, and the only thing it comes up with is the gulf news story.

Sounds very much like hearsay to me, of a very cruel kind.

Certainly doesn't seem to have hit the news here in Australia and its the sort of story the media here would adore :ohmy:

Kix Jan 21st 2013 8:41 am

So the missus has made it to Dubai at last after someone bought her a ticket.

Surely a 400 quid round trip ticket doesn't need charity?

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-investigators

Will anything come of it?

Nope.

Good luck on this...

"The purpose of the meeting is for it to be a frank and open discussion between the parties and for them to share the information that each of them have found relating to Timmy's case," said Ms Glover.

Blue Cat Jan 21st 2013 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10496056)
So the missus has made it to Dubai at last after someone bought her a ticket.

Surely a 400 quid round trip ticket doesn't need charity?

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-investigators

Will anything come of it?

Nope.

Good luck on this...

they will leave the same as they arrived, with no answers.

fluffymoo Jan 21st 2013 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10496200)
they will leave the same as they arrived, with no answers.

I sincerely hope not!

commander Jan 22nd 2013 1:30 am

Originally Posted by fluffymoo (Post 10497382)
I sincerely hope not!

Fingers crossed, but in reality we all know this will end up with sweet FA information.

The Dean Jan 22nd 2013 3:17 am

We can make something out of this.......... let's find a withered corpse, present it as Timmy, and claim the 1.5 million........... it'll cover a decent BE night out......... :huh: