Reload this Page >

Advise on Package offered

Advise on Package offered

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

arcs25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise on Package offered

Hi All

Some advise please, I have been offered £37,500 a year income with up to 35% bonus opportunity but this bonus won't be in my package should i get it in my contract? with basic medical and a flight home every year.

I am a single woman with no responsibilities to send back home but was hoping to save enough to put towards a deposit on a flat back home. is £37,500 enough for me? I would be looking for an apartment in Dubai Marina, what are generally the costs of electricity and living in Dubai?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Default Advise on Package offered

I've been offered £37,500 a year package which includes basic medical care, flight home, 28 days holiday, yearly review and upto 35% bonus on the value of your salary but this isn't guaranteed it is at the business discretion. I also get a fully paid car with fuel, costs paid. No relocation package offered or accommodation. I am a single girl so no dependents or bills to send home. Is this a good package? As I want to save money but I'm not sure this is a good deal. Any advise offered will be great!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:41 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on Package offered

Which country? What job?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:50 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Is It Worth It" - a guide to costs vs income for the UAE & Qatar

Originally Posted by arcs25
I am a single woman with no responsibilities to send back home but was hoping to save enough to put towards a deposit on a flat back home. is £37,500 enough for me? I would be looking for an apartment in Dubai Marina, what are generally the costs of electricity and living in Dubai?
Assuming you've looked at the spreadsheet you'll know the costs of living. I'm guessing your contract is in Dirham, the local currency, and not UKP, so around 210,000 Dhm PA based on the assumption that your job is in Dubai. In another thread you say you'll have a company car & fuel, so your expenses are basically apartment rental, DEWA (water & electricity) and food (all in the spreadsheet). Now the crunch question which is how often do you want to go out and what sort of night, that'll give you a clue as to what you can send back.
Don't forget your potential liability for NICs and UK income tax, lots of info on other threads in here if you do a search.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Which country? What job?
Your cystal ball not working today Mike?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
Your cystal ball not working today Mike?
If I had crystal balls I'd know when I was coming
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Which country? What job?
It's in Dubai
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:21 am
Account Closed

It's in Dubai
Have a look at your other post
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Default Re: "Is It Worth It" - a guide to costs vs income for the UAE & Qatar

Assuming you've looked at the spreadsheet you'll know the costs of living. I'm guessing your contract is in Dirham, the local currency, and not UKP, so around 210,000 Dhm PA based on the assumption that your job is in Dubai. In another thread you say you'll have a company car & fuel, so your expenses are basically apartment rental, DEWA (water & electricity) and food (all in the spreadsheet). Now the crunch question which is how often do you want to go out and what sort of night, that'll give you a clue as to what you can send back.
Don't forget your potential liability for NICs and UK income tax, lots of info on other threads in here if you do a search.
Thank you for replying, yes it's Dubai I don't want to be struggling but live comfortably I don't tend to go out that often I'm guessing that will help. Will look at the threads on NiC and Tax payments
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Have a look at your other post
I have done thank you, will check the NI and Tax in the UK but roughly it is manageable with some savings?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:29 am
Account Closed

but roughly it is manageable with some savings?
How long is a piece of string? What do you want to do out here? Stay in every night and send everything saved back, go out occassionally and send the remainder back, become a Marina party animal out on the walk every night and max your credit card? As I said in the other thread you can see your outgoings for living but what outgoings do you want in order to have a life as well? No one can answer that except you.