Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advise Needed - Health Insurance

Advise Needed - Health Insurance

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice
Default Advise Needed - Health Insurance

Good Morning Everyone.

I am looking for health insurance coz AXA are being difficult because I am not a resident.

I am here on a 6 month contract and fly back to the UK every month therefore not applying for residency.

Because of this AXA are refusing my insurance application.

Can anyone recommend somewhere who can offer quick and easy Health Insurance in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers in Advance.

A.A.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Advise Needed - Health Insurance

Originally Posted by Abu Andy
I am here on a 6 month contract and fly back to the UK every month therefore not applying for residency.
Andy,
If you do not have any underlying medical condition why not just use the NHS when you return. A lot of drug (antibiotics etc) are available over the counter here and the Pharmacists are very helpfull.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Andy,

Another thought, check out the annual multi trip with these guys as they include unlimited trips including business at a good rate.

Noconnection other than a customer

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice

Originally Posted by 954RR
Andy,
If you do not have any underlying medical condition why not just use the NHS when you return. A lot of drug (antibiotics etc) are available over the counter here and the Pharmacists are very helpfull.
I am more concerned of injury while under the influence
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

I am more concerned of injury while under the influence
You must be on a good package then
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 954RR
Andy,

Another thought, check out the annual multi trip with these guys as they include unlimited trips including business at a good rate.

Noconnection other than a customer

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/
Hey RR, thanks for the advice.
Thats me sorted. I am not employed by anyone Abu Dhabi, I am employed by a Dutch company and have asked me here on a temporary basis on business, so I am happy to take up the policy they offered online.

I owe you a beer

Cheers

A.A.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Glad to be of help mate.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:03 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning Everyone.

I am looking for health insurance coz AXA are being difficult because I am not a resident.

Because of this AXA are refusing my insurance application.

Can anyone recommend somewhere who can offer quick and easy Health Insurance in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers in Advance.

A.A.
Axa over here will only cover residents from what I understand. There are a lot of decent international insurers though who will cover you anywhere (of course the more areas you want to be covered in the more you will pay).

If you PM me with an idea of your budget I can ask someone in our medical insurance division to come up with some options...we have offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.

N.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Axa over here will only cover residents from what I understand. There are a lot of decent international insurers though who will cover you anywhere (of course the more areas you want to be covered in the more you will pay).

If you PM me with an idea of your budget I can ask someone in our medical insurance division to come up with some options...we have offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.

N.
None of the local Insurance companies will cover you if you dont have residency
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
None of the local Insurance companies will cover you if you dont have residency
It depends if you mean locally owned and operated then you are right.

If you mean international companies based in the UAE then you are sometimes right...there are one or two who do offer cover without need for residencey visas because they can just offer an non-UAE underwritten policy that covers the UAE (and elsewhere).

N.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

It depends if you mean locally owned and operated then you are right.

If you mean international companies based in the UAE then you are sometimes right...there are one or two who do offer cover without need for residencey visas because they can just offer an non-UAE underwritten policy that covers the UAE (and elsewhere).

N.
yes locally owned and managed.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:01 am

yes locally owned and managed.
And those are the type of insurers you want to try an avoid anyways

N.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

And those are the type of insurers you want to try an avoid anyways

N.
Daman are bloody excellent, expensive but really very good
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:37 pm

Daman are bloody excellent, expensive but really very good
Because most of their management are German...

N.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Because most of their management are German...

N.
Really, I have not spoke/dealt with any germans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.