Reload this Page >

advise on healthcare in qatar

advise on healthcare in qatar

Old May 20th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

crespo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise on healthcare in qatar

Hi,
I've decided its time for me to ask some important questions to settle my mind as its a big change in life if we do move out to the middle east!!
I'm crespo's girlfriend leanne, and as you are already aware from his previous threads that i am pregnant and expecting this year, I'm slightly worried about the type of health care they have out there and what the maternity hospitals are like. As i'm a first time mum the last thing i want is to be having my baby in a strange country where hardly any of the nurses speak english, having a baby in our hospitals over here is daunting enough and i dont want people taking my baby away from me when i dont know what the hell they are going to be doing or if they have a different way of doing things.
Old May 20th 2009, 2:13 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise on healthcare in qatar

Originally Posted by crespo
Hi,
I've decided its time for me to ask some important questions to settle my mind as its a big change in life if we do move out to the middle east!!
I'm crespo's girlfriend leanne, and as you are already aware from his previous threads that i am pregnant and expecting this year, I'm slightly worried about the type of health care they have out there and what the maternity hospitals are like. As i'm a first time mum the last thing i want is to be having my baby in a strange country where hardly any of the nurses speak english, having a baby in our hospitals over here is daunting enough and i dont want people taking my baby away from me when i dont know what the hell they are going to be doing or if they have a different way of doing things.
All the nurses do speak English, in my experience, and the standard of health care is pretty good. Qatarliving.com or Expatwomen.com may have more specific answers.
Old May 21st 2009, 4:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
as Jimmy says try Qatarliving and EW. I am in Dubai and had my daughter here in a Government Hospital, yes they are a bit behind but when it comes down to the nitty gritty they are fine. They have been delivering babies here for hundreds of years as well, Britain doesn't have the monopoly Don't forget to get married before this all happens!!
Old May 21st 2009, 8:52 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
private hospital like al ahli are most preferred by western expatriate. Just make sure you have the insurance to cover the cost.

The government hospital Hamad also very good, but husband not allow to be present during delivery.

The hospital staffs usually either Indian or Filipino , and they always speak good English.
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
private hospital like al ahli are most preferred by western expatriate. Just make sure you have the insurance to cover the cost.

The government hospital Hamad also very good, but husband not allow to be present during delivery.

The hospital staffs usually either Indian or Filipino , and they always speak good English.
I don't know of any Insurance Companies that will cover someone in this situation, maybe Meow will know of one. Coverage normally has to be in place for a year prior to the pregnancy.
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:24 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

If she has a Qatar government health card, which you get automatically with the residence permit, there should be no problem getting care at Hamad - the government hospital.
Old May 24th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

twinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant future

I had a baby here and know lots of expat ladies here who have chosen to give birth in Qatar. It's not quite as forward-thinking as the UK when it comes to it (you won't get a home-birth or a water-birth here) but they can give you a good hospital birth with perfectly good medical care. Finding the right hospital and right doctor for you is half the job. And remember that there are no guarantees of the perfect delivery back in the UK. I would say that my delivery here was better than my experience in my local NHS hospital back home.

It's worth finding out what kind of medical coverage you will get (if any) with the job. The Hamad would not be my first choice for giving birth for a few reasons but mainly for the fact that you are not allowed to have anyone with you apart from the medical staff while you're giving birth.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have too.