Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on time taken to move

Advice on time taken to move

Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:54 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on time taken to move

[QUOTE=CeeBee;6183861]See what I think i've done is I've asked the question in my head but it hasn't made its way onto this thread....my mind races ahead sometimes.

Lets try again;
Degree is in quantity surveying....thats also what i do for a living. The day release part just means I've done it part time...

In simple terms I'm guessing my question should be re-phrased to.....
I graduate from Uni in June but don't actually receive my degree cert until July. Is it essential that I wait for my certificate to land before I move out or can I have it posted to me from the UK? You can come in as long as you carry a Western European passport without the need for a visa.....

Any potential employer will accept a confirmation of results as proof of me having obtained the degree. Its more for a residency visa perspective. If you want to have a 'manager' title on your visa, then yeah you will have to wait for your cert, then have it attested, before applying for your residence.. Mind you, you will also need an employer... Think I would be more concerned about that....

Container / suitcase wise I haven't a clue....i'm single so I won't have a family's worth of stuff to bring. Main things are tele, computer, xbox, clothes....thats about it really. Small container could be a possibility although I think i'd prefer to just start over and buy new stuff anyway. All your electronics will work over here, if they work in the UK... Why lose money on selling used and buying new, when you dont have a job sorted out yet....[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:56 pm

PS, I start charging after 2 free consultations......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Another one who thinks BE is a money making cash cow...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius
Who you talking to, me or him????
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Who you talking to, me or him????
I'm talking *about* you...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:01 pm

I'm talking *about* you...
How VERY dare you......

If it wasnt for the fact that I am now aware of your disability, I would ask you to step outside......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry....didn't realise who you were talking about

Last edited by CeeBee; Apr 9th 2008 at 6:03 pm. Reason: Read out of context.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How VERY dare you......

If it wasnt for the fact that I am now aware of your disability, I would ask you to step outside......
It really annoys you that you can't do anything to me,doesn't it???
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Sorry....didn't realise who you were talking about
Scot Sexpat...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:06 pm

It really annoys you that you can't do anything to me,doesn't it???
Unfortunately for you, I believe that what you would want done to you and whata I would do to you are not the same thing.......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unfortunately for you, I believe that what you would want done to you and whata I would do to you are not the same thing.......
I don't care...I'll just send you a virus...That's you done...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:09 pm

I don't care...I'll just send you a virus...That's you done...
Take it you caught that particular 'virus' since you arrived, seeing as how you cant get into the country with it!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=ScotsExpat;6183900]
Originally Posted by CeeBee
See what I think i've done is I've asked the question in my head but it hasn't made its way onto this thread....my mind races ahead sometimes.

Lets try again;
Degree is in quantity surveying....thats also what i do for a living. The day release part just means I've done it part time...

In simple terms I'm guessing my question should be re-phrased to.....
I graduate from Uni in June but don't actually receive my degree cert until July. Is it essential that I wait for my certificate to land before I move out or can I have it posted to me from the UK? You can come in as long as you carry a Western European passport without the need for a visa.....

Any potential employer will accept a confirmation of results as proof of me having obtained the degree. Its more for a residency visa perspective. If you want to have a 'manager' title on your visa, then yeah you will have to wait for your cert, then have it attested, before applying for your residence.. Mind you, you will also need an employer... Think I would be more concerned about that....

Container / suitcase wise I haven't a clue....i'm single so I won't have a family's worth of stuff to bring. Main things are tele, computer, xbox, clothes....thats about it really. Small container could be a possibility although I think i'd prefer to just start over and buy new stuff anyway. All your electronics will work over here, if they work in the UK... Why lose money on selling used and buying new, when you dont have a job sorted out yet....[/QUOTE]
Not concerned about an employer....i'm currently on with finding one of those..or at least somebody else is.

I'm not one for titles to be honest, if the visa means I get paid the same and can work, rent a place and buy a car then i'll be happy.

So what I think I may do is find an employer and aim to be getting out there mid July and then see if I can sort the residency visa out without the degree and maybe get it sorted retrospectively.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:10 pm

Scot Sexpat...
I would have thought by now that you knew not to believe EVERYTHING that MM tells ya....!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Take it you caught that particular 'virus' since you arrived, seeing as how you cant get into the country with it!!!!
What country are you talking about???Atlantis???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.