Advice Needed!!

Old Aug 9th 2008, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed!!

Originally Posted by sept2008
Would you choose Dubai over the UK as a place to bring your kids up and build a future?? It's a big step and I'd welcome some advice and sound knowledge...

xx
yes for sure, provided you've got the right package, your accomodation allowance might be an issue...

i've got a 3 and a 5 year old, we've been here for three years and we all love it...i'm in the uk at the moment, and can't wait to get back...

MM, xx
Old Aug 9th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

sept2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you tell me the exchange rate to use? £ to DHS? I think I am getting confused with how much money we actually have
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Can you tell me the exchange rate to use? £ to DHS? I think I am getting confused with how much money we actually have
it varies, obviously, but at the moment is about 7 dhs to the £...

MM, xx
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.

I am hearing so many different opinions on how much a 3 bed villa would cost to rent per month - can you advise the average? ?

XX
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks.

I am hearing so many different opinions on how much a 3 bed villa would cost to rent per month - can you advise the average? ?

XX
really depends on area...for a villa i guess you're looking at between 2-300,000 dhs...

MM, xx
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
really depends on area...for a villa i guess you're looking at between 2-300,000 dhs...

MM, xx
madness but yes your right how long you away for MM?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Okay. Thank you - both of you for all your help!

Have sat down with my husband (the brains) and that kind of rent is fine. We just wanted to make sure we could live comfortably on his basic salary so that all his comm and bonuses could then be used to clear our mortgage and debt back in the UK.

I'm not sure quite how I was working it out but clearly was getting it very wrong! It appears I still have pregnancy brain - even though my youngest is 8 months; I better not start shopping out there until I have got to grips with the currency!!

So If you see a mad women who can't add up roaming around with 2 little ones you will know who it is....xx
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Okay. Thank you - both of you for all your help!

Have sat down with my husband (the brains) and that kind of rent is fine. We just wanted to make sure we could live comfortably on his basic salary so that all his comm and bonuses could then be used to clear our mortgage and debt back in the UK.

I'm not sure quite how I was working it out but clearly was getting it very wrong! It appears I still have pregnancy brain - even though my youngest is 8 months; I better not start shopping out there until I have got to grips with the currency!!

So If you see a mad women who can't add up roaming around with 2 little ones you will know who it is....xx

I hope it is a reputable Company that your husband is joining as bonuses and commission often don't materialise and are used as a carrot to get you here. Good luck with everything
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Yes it is a huge well known Global Billion pound Company so we have no worries there!!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah, me, lmao...

MM, xx
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:58 am
Concierge

Yes it is a huge well known Global Billion pound Company so we have no worries there!!

well you should be well looked after in that case