British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Advice on Compounds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/advice-compounds-603765/)

simple2204 Apr 15th 2009 9:27 pm

Advice on Compounds

Hi

Thanks to those who helped with my first Q, i now have a 2nd (does any newbie just ask one???)

My new company has said they have two apartments one in Al Hamra and one in Arabian homes. I am a single bloke who likes playing golf and generally open and chat with anyone, any help on which one might be better for a single bloke and why.

Thanks again for all of the work you have all done, this site has been a god send :thumbsup:

still.unsure Apr 16th 2009 10:24 pm

Re: Advice on Compounds

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7483741)
Hi

Thanks to those who helped with my first Q, i now have a 2nd (does any newbie just ask one???)

My new company has said they have two apartments one in Al Hamra and one in Arabian homes. I am a single bloke who likes playing golf and generally open and chat with anyone, any help on which one might be better for a single bloke and why.

Thanks again for all of the work you have all done, this site has been a god send :thumbsup:

go arabian homes, very lively bunch of antipodeans, a couple golf players and some doozies of the night.

simple2204 Apr 16th 2009 10:36 pm

Hi - thanks for the heads up - I am over in May before i start to have a wonder around and check them both out will bear this in mind when doing that.

I have to ask "doozies of the night"?? or is it really very self explanatory :D

still.unsure Apr 19th 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7486364)
Hi - thanks for the heads up - I am over in May before i start to have a wonder around and check them both out will bear this in mind when doing that.

I have to ask "doozies of the night"?? or is it really very self explanatory :D

sorry, should've read "some doozies of a night" - not uncommon (at all) to see the sunset and the sunrise in one session, crash for a few hours, and then start it all over again in a few hours. sid & homebrew flow like water and for god's sake don't scare off the birds by being a lecherous creep. (being single in the magic kingdom can do it to you after a while...)

simple2204 Apr 20th 2009 12:05 pm

ah now that sounds like fun, the sunset sunrise session not the turning into a creep. I'd like to think i have a few years left before i become a dirty old man but i hear what you are saying!!

still.unsure Apr 20th 2009 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7495974)
ah now that sounds like fun, the sunset sunrise session not the turning into a creep. I'd like to think i have a few years left before i become a dirty old man but i hear what you are saying!!

doesn't matter what age you are, if all you've been staring at is women dressed as black ghosts for a month or two, you can find it sneaking up on you in a rush! ;)

Nic1 Apr 20th 2009 3:29 pm

still.unsure - you need to use your imagination a bit more - half those women have no clothes on under their abbayas . . . :)

N

typical Apr 20th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7496644)
still.unsure - you need to use your imagination a bit more - half those women have no clothes on under their abbayas . . . :)

Down that road lies danger...

simple2204 Apr 20th 2009 4:09 pm

No Fair Nic1 - i was fine with knowing they would all be wearing their abbayas.........now you have put a different picture in my head.....i'm doomed...:lol:

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7496644)

N

here's the scarier bit... you don't know if you're looking at a woman who's 15 or 50... :blink:

simple2204 Apr 21st 2009 7:24 am

:eek: i was worrying about accommodation and other important stuff like that..........

still.unsure Apr 21st 2009 7:37 am

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7498858)
:eek: i was worrying about accommodation and other important stuff like that..........

mate, that's only the first few weeks, it's what happens after the details are sorted that is the challenge