Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on car loan

Advice on car loan

Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Advice on car loan

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I owned seven Range Rovers before I bought a house. At the moment have fun before you're 30. You can always be a boring fart when you're older. Meanwhile....
Stop it.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Stop it.
Be careful. An addiction to ageing Range Rovers will cost you more than a cocaine habit...Been there, never learned the lesson, looking for another...Eeek!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful. An addiction to ageing Range Rovers will cost you more than a cocaine habit...Been there, never learned the lesson, looking for another...Eeek!
Indeed. Once the Land / Range Rover bug bites you might as well just sign your salary straight over to the garage.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Indeed. Once the Land / Range Rover bug bites you might as well just sign your salary straight over to the garage.
I can't do it. Not yet.

Dad's had several, the only problem he ever had was putting petrol in his diesel one. Got taken back to the garage (he'd had it all of about 3 weeks), asked the salesman to ring him on Monday and he'd buy a petrol one.

Never got the call.

Silly salesman.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

so the question is adteacher did you get apersonal or car loan, or a car at all?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I owned seven Range Rovers before I bought a house. At the moment have fun before you're 30. You can always be a boring fart when you're older. Meanwhile....
dont you need to have the house first to make sure the rr will fit in the garage?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
so the question is adteacher did you get apersonal or car loan, or a car at all?
Not yet- think I'm set on a personal laon, although haven't had chance to talk to the bank!

Also decided I'm not going brand new- think I'm going to go via Al Futtaim Automall.

Which leads me to my next question- does anyone know where the showroom has moved to in Abu Dhabi?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ADteacher
Not yet- think I'm set on a personal laon, although haven't had chance to talk to the bank!

Also decided I'm not going brand new- think I'm going to go via Al Futtaim Automall.

Which leads me to my next question- does anyone know where the showroom has moved to in Abu Dhabi?
Why? It will lose 20%+ as soon as you leave the forecourt? Ask about ex-demonstrators or used cars. You'll get something either better for your money or cheaper.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:09 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Why? It will lose 20%+ as soon as you leave the forecourt? Ask about ex-demonstrators or used cars. You'll get something either better for your money or cheaper.
Excessive spanking of the monkey is taking it's toll on you. I bet you have some impressive callouses on your palms too.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Excessive spanking of the monkey is taking it's toll on you. I bet you have some impressive callouses on your palms too.
Right.....helpful comment there.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

I am going for a used car- that's what the automall is isn't it?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahaha it worked you came back. the al futtain automall which was located in al mina, had to move to motorworld along with all the others... up in al fahal.

they are good tho as we bought a new dodge from the dealership which is a part of the al futtain, along with many others, they took our other cars part exchange gave us better price than the dealer would have done.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am going for a used car- that's what the automall is isn't it?
yep
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
hahaha it worked you came back. the al futtain automall which was located in al mina, had to move to motorworld along with all the others... up in al fahal.

they are good tho as we bought a new dodge from the dealership which is a part of the al futtain, along with many others, they took our other cars part exchange gave us better price than the dealer would have done.
What worked?

Thanks for the location- I couldn't find it online!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

You can normally get a much better deal second hand if you look on Dubizzle, or small ads in places such as Spinneys or Abela, rather than going to a dealer/automall. If you are not in a rush, wait until someone advertises one massively under-priced, often when they need to sell it quickly before leaving the country. All 3 of my cars came that way, and 2 I sold about a year later for the same that I paid, or even a small profit. Just make sure you know how to check them over closely, or take a friend who does.

As you will have seen people say over and again in other posts, minimise your borrowings while in the UAE. Taking out a huge loan for a new car just after you have arrived would be lunacy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.