Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on Al Khobar, Saudi schools & compounds

Advice on Al Khobar, Saudi schools & compounds

Old Apr 4th 2010, 10:54 am
Just Joined

vikkib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Al Khobar, Saudi schools & compounds

Hi, we may be moving to Al Khobar, Saudi, and i would be really grateful for feedback regarding the British schools eg BISAK in Al Khobar.

Last edited by vikkib; Apr 4th 2010 at 10:57 am. Reason: incomplete message
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on Al Khobar, Saudi schools & compounds

Originally Posted by vikkib
Hi, we may be moving to Al Khobar, Saudi, and i would be really grateful for feedback regarding the British schools eg BISAK in Al Khobar.
Khobar is relatively the best place in saudi in terms of living.More liberal than the other places, close to Bahrain and god social life. The BISAK is supposed to be one of the best schools and have read very good reviews.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice on Al Khobar, Saudi schools & compounds

Hi,

I agree with msk2009's post and can tell you that I have visited both of the better known British schools in Khobar.

I cannot however say that one school is better than the other (both have good reputations). My daughter is at Dhahran Grammar but that was due to BISAK not having any space for her grade. BISAK has more students and is very convenient as it is on the Oasis Gardens Compound so no need to travel by bus for the students who live in that compound or on one of the adjoining compounds. I do however think that the Grammar school probably offers more for students that are athletically inclined as it definitely has more facilities for that. It will also depend on how long you expect to remain in the Kingdom as the schools offer different education once the children reach the last two years of schooling. BISAK is introducing the "A levels" whereas Dhahran Grammar is introducing the International Baccalaureate.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.