Reload this Page >

Advice about Middle East

Advice about Middle East

Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Crisis123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice about Middle East

Hi

I am lokin to get some advice off people who know.

I am a Highway Design Manager currently working for Atkins in the UK on a contract basis. I really would love to work in the middle east, Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Bahrain preferrably. I currently earn approximately £60k/year.

I am looking to move over with my Wife and 2 year old twins.

What I would like to know is;

Where is the best place to look for jobs?

Would I be better working for a Uk company?

Where of the 3 locations mentioned would be more lucrative?

What sort of salary could i expect?

Where would be best for the children?

And any other question that is relevant to my situation.

I would really appreciate any advice that could be given as I am getting knowhere with Google.

Thanks in Advance

Chris
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about Middle East

Chris,

before we try to answer anything please use both the search function (type in keywords to assist) and also the wiki.

most of your questions have been discussed to death, so best to look at previous posts and if you still have questions then come back with them..

Good luck..
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about Middle East

cant you transfer to atkins here in the uae, the problem with working for a local contractor is that you do not have the job security, and there may be issues if your children go through school here and hope to go back to the uk for university, but rules change all the time.