Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

Old Apr 29th 2021, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Newtotheregion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

Hi all - I’ve been approached by a recruiter for a role with ADQ in Abu Dhabi. Anyone been through the process? Also, this will be a mid management role (Exec minus 2) - any thoughts on salary range and bonus? Benefits: I expect the usual (housing, schooling, relocation, tickets etc.).

If not ADQ, any benchmarks from Mubadala (VP/ Sr VP) or ADIA (Principal/ VP) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
Old Apr 29th 2021, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

Originally Posted by Newtotheregion
Hi all - I’ve been approached by a recruiter for a role with ADQ in Abu Dhabi. Anyone been through the process? Also, this will be a mid management role (Exec minus 2) - any thoughts on salary range and bonus? Benefits: I expect the usual (housing, schooling, relocation, tickets etc.).

If not ADQ, any benchmarks from Mubadala (VP/ Sr VP) or ADIA (Principal/ VP) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
from my interactions with them, the basic requirements are arrogance and a general failure to deliver on promises lol

Old Apr 29th 2021, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Care to elaborate? Was it the company recruiter or based on your experience dealing with ADQ staff?
Old Apr 29th 2021, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Care to elaborate? Was it the company recruiter or based on your experience dealing with ADQ staff?
Just the usual AD stuff. They think they have billions and are gods, the reality is that they are sleepy and handcuffed and it’s near impossible to get an approval unless it fits some political motive. Great place to work if you like doing DD and not closing deals.
Old Apr 29th 2021, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Any insight on pay and bonus structure?
Old Apr 30th 2021, 3:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Great place to work if you like doing DD and not closing deals.
Who doesn't love doing endless DD and not closing deals
Old Apr 30th 2021, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Who doesn't love doing endless DD and not closing deals
To be fair; I’m not even sure they do the DD either.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that. Any insight on pay and bonus structure?
dunno about ADQ but when I was at ADIC it was between 50-100pct bonus. I believe this to still be the case.

Old May 1st 2021, 9:46 am
Just Joined

dunno about ADQ but when I was at ADIC it was between 50-100pct bonus. I believe this to still be the case.
thanks for that. Read somewhere reg ADIA / Mubadala (for comparison purposes) that “bonus can be 1-3 times gross pay...” - does that even make sense?
Old May 1st 2021, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks for that. Read somewhere reg ADIA / Mubadala (for comparison purposes) that “bonus can be 1-3 times gross pay...” - does that even make sense?
Not any more buddy. There has been a massive normalise of salaries across the AD government entities in recent years. I left mine ten years ago but recent discussions at ADIC for a role was 50k all in + 100pct bonus. That was for a “Manager/ Head” type role.

ADIA and Mubadala may pay better but I don’t see it. Mubadala can just about keep the lights on.
Old May 1st 2021, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Not any more buddy. There has been a massive normalise of salaries across the AD government entities in recent years. I left mine ten years ago but recent discussions at ADIC for a role was 50k all in + 100pct bonus. That was for a “Manager/ Head” type role.

ADIA and Mubadala may pay better but I don’t see it. Mubadala can just about keep the lights on.

Thanks so much for the info, that’s super helpful. Still 100% bonus (1X gross) seems pretty aggressive. Also, is the bonus entirely variable or do they have part guaranteed + part variable type structure?

Old May 1st 2021, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

MyintD is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see you comment on this. I am having HR discussion with ADIC next week. 50K all in is at the lower end of my expectation but i may consider to take it...
Old May 1st 2021, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MyintD
Good to see you comment on this. I am having HR discussion with ADIC next week. 50K all in is at the lower end of my expectation but i may consider to take it...
hey - what level/ role are you interviewing for? All the best!
Old May 2nd 2021, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hey - what level/ role are you interviewing for? All the best!
It was a role in their funds team. Looked boring as shit and the management wasn’t the style I was going to gel with.
Old May 2nd 2021, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MyintD
I guess it’s all about the grade. It was about a year ago, I’m trying to remember if schooling was in. But I recall it being about 50-55k. I actually spoke with the guy who did the job previously to get the details.

He said lots of good things about it. I found it that weird combination of sleepy and arrogant.

But good luck with the application. People stay for ages so it can’t be that bad. Comfortable is a word that comes to mind.

Last edited by Millhouse; May 2nd 2021 at 6:09 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.