Reload this Page >

ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

Old May 2nd 2021, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Newtotheregion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADQ Abu Dhabi salary and culture

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I guess it’s all about the grade. It was about a year ago, I’m trying to remember if schooling was in. But I recall it being about 50-55k. I actually spoke with the guy who did the job previously to get the details.

He said lots of good things about it. I found it that weird combination of sleepy and arrogant.

But good luck with the application. People stay for ages so it can’t be that bad. Comfortable is a word that comes to mind.
Thanks. You mentioned there’s been a major harmonisation of pay bands across govt institutions/ depts - is this info available on any of the gov websites? I tried looking but without any luck... cheers!
Old May 2nd 2021, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

MyintD is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it’s all about the grade. It was about a year ago, I’m trying to remember if schooling was in. But I recall it being about 50-55k. I actually spoke with the guy who did the job previously to get the details.

He said lots of good things about it. I found it that weird combination of sleepy and arrogant.

But good luck with the application. People stay for ages so it can’t be that bad. Comfortable is a word that comes to mind.
Thanks for the objective comments. You did lots of homework back then!
What surprises me is how secretive they are as they would not even disclose AUM of the department and why the previous hire (although i seem to locate the person online after a lot of searches) left!
They do not appear to want to discuss or bring any attention to broader team about the staff change. Do you have any thoughts as why ADIC act like that?
Old May 2nd 2021, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MyintD
Thanks for the objective comments. You did lots of homework back then!
What surprises me is how secretive they are as they would not even disclose AUM of the department and why the previous hire (although i seem to locate the person online after a lot of searches) left!
They do not appear to want to discuss or bring any attention to broader team about the staff change. Do you have any thoughts as why ADIC act like that?
I always get in touch with the person who left, or at least some cross-reference checks. A job is a two way relationship.

You will never know as it’s a government department, and I doubt you will ever know the AUM of the whole thing. At best only the bit you are in and they won’t tell you’d stuff like that at interview. I always think it’s because it’s lower than they like to claim, but it might be higher.

People leave as they get bored, realise their career is stagnating, the wife hates AD, or the kids hit an age that requires a decent education. You will see that all the reasons are negative, few will leave for positive reasons - mostly as their career took a back seat but secondly as it’s just so comfortable to stay.

The lucky ones get a job with one of their GP relationships, the rest get another sleepy LP job in Europe. There was a time when people would move around the AD circuit but that has reduced a lot. They prefer to bring in fresh fodder.

Old May 4th 2021, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

I always get in touch with the person who left, or at least some cross-reference checks. A job is a two way relationship.

You will never know as it’s a government department, and I doubt you will ever know the AUM of the whole thing. At best only the bit you are in and they won’t tell you’d stuff like that at interview. I always think it’s because it’s lower than they like to claim, but it might be higher.

People leave as they get bored, realise their career is stagnating, the wife hates AD, or the kids hit an age that requires a decent education. You will see that all the reasons are negative, few will leave for positive reasons - mostly as their career took a back seat but secondly as it’s just so comfortable to stay.

The lucky ones get a job with one of their GP relationships, the rest get another sleepy LP job in Europe. There was a time when people would move around the AD circuit but that has reduced a lot. They prefer to bring in fresh fodder.
So in the end you did not take the offer because you wanted to negotiate a higher figure but they did not offer? I assume now you have found a better offer elsewhere?
Old May 4th 2021, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So in the end you did not take the offer because you wanted to negotiate a higher figure but they did not offer? I assume now you have found a better offer elsewhere?
They reached out to me via a recruiter. I already had a better deal so didn’t follow up on it after I did my DD.
Old May 4th 2021, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

They reached out to me via a recruiter. I already had a better deal so didn’t follow up on it after I did my DD.
I see. Makes sense. I have completed all the interviews and now waiting for the details of the offer which should be coming at any time of this week. Do you think if there is any room to negotiate if it falls below the expectation? I know there are cases that candidates are too aggressive in the negotiation phase and HR decided to stop the process. I assume you can still negotiate (in a reasonable and subtle way)?
Old May 4th 2021, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I see. Makes sense. I have completed all the interviews and now waiting for the details of the offer which should be coming at any time of this week. Do you think if there is any room to negotiate if it falls below the expectation? I know there are cases that candidates are too aggressive in the negotiation phase and HR decided to stop the process. I assume you can still negotiate (in a reasonable and subtle way)?
No deal is always better than a bad deal. Try and make it work for you, if it doesn’t walk away.