Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:14 am
Just Joined

ajax007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Same for me its been 12 weeks after I was informed by partner HR that I was selected. Last update was they are processing and due to some change in HR, things are slow due to change in HR process. Did you get any information?
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ajax007
Same for me its been 12 weeks after I was informed by partner HR that I was selected. Last update was they are processing and due to some change in HR, things are slow due to change in HR process. Did you get any information?
Nope, my status still shows as 'approvals in process' since May. I was told this step could take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to be completed but now that you've mentioned 12 weeks, I'm beginning to get worried!! lol
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mahadi
Did you receive the offer letter? If yes, how many days it took you to complete the process?
mahadi did you get the offer letter? What is your status now? How long did it take for you ?
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Nope, my status still shows as 'approvals in process' since May. I was told this step could take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to be completed but now that you've mentioned 12 weeks, I'm beginning to get worried!! lol
Yes, am worried too because of it I left other offers and I do not know what will happen..however, partner HR is updating me regularly and also makes me speak to the hiring manager but there is reason to worry for sure. I am on the verge of giving up.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ajax007
Yes, am worried too because of it I left other offers and I do not know what will happen..however, partner HR is updating me regularly and also makes me speak to the hiring manager but there is reason to worry for sure. I am on the verge of giving up.
Have sent you a private message (PM) mate
Old Jul 9th 2021, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Have sent you a private message (PM) mate
I replied to you
Old Jul 9th 2021, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simranshekh
Hi everyone,

I need some guidance on my candidature. I've been "shortlisted" after my first telephonic round in ADNOC Distribution and am waiting for the offer now. I'm not sure how long do they take to send the offer. I have not been contacted by the HR so far on telephone, just got an email that I've been shortlisted, and asked for the documents.

Can someone help me with the timelines if they're aware of?
So, what is your status now? Can you please elaborate your experience?
Old Jul 11th 2021, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Energy_Analyst
have PM you the details.
@Enerygy_Analyst can you please tell me who are you negotiating with? In my case I had negotiation with partner HR and he sent it to HR for approvals. Its been over 8 weeks now haven't got the offer letter.
I was interviewed for a month in March and salary negotiation in April mid and sent to Adnoc hr for approvals end of April.
Can you please tell me your whole process? It will help me understand if i need to be hopeful or not.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Anyone managed to get their ADNOC security approvals recently? Been waiting for 3 months now with status showing as 'approvals in process' and the lack of progress is slightly concerning!
Old Aug 30th 2021, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Ismailwadi is an unknown quantity at this point

It takes time, mine took around 04 Months
Old Aug 30th 2021, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ismailwadi
It takes time, mine took around 04 Months
Yikes!
Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Due to Covid the Security Clearances are taking much longer.

My First clearance was applied in Oct 2020 and got it in Feb 2021, As I am working through an Agency I have to get it done again.

It has been more than a month since they have reapplied.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

SouthTXEngineer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Hello everyone! Yankee engineer from Texas here. I want to thank everyone that has posted on this thread! The information has been very helpful. I am also in the onboarding process now with ADNOC-Onshore. I can contribute some more insight into the recruitment process steps from my own experience:
  • I had my interview via Microsoft Teams in early April just before the start of Ramadan
  • About two weeks after the interview, I got the email saying that I was selected for the job, and was asked to upload degree attestation, paystubs from my current job, prior employment verification and a few other forms
  • I received the first salary offer letter near the end of April. Similar to the poster psychopomp1 above, my initial salary offer was horrible. In fact, it was so far below my expectation level that I worried that things were Dead On Arrival. I rejected the offer. They asked me to tell them what monthly salary I am expecting to get, which I did.
  • Two and a half more months went by until I heard from HR again, and the sent me a 2nd salary offer in early July. They took my housing allowance and lumped it in with the monthly salary (so I would get to keep whatever money I save by renting an apartment that is cheape than the housing allowance). This increased the total monthly take home pay quite a bit, but was still well below my expectation. I rejected this second salary offer, and in the feedback I gave the a suggestion on what they could add to make the offer acceptable.
  • Nearly another 2 months went by, and then finally at the end of August they sent me a "final salary offer". In this offer they added "market premium" allowance to the monthly pay while keeping the base salary at the same low number as in the original offer. While the total monthly take home pay was still short of what I was asking, it still amounted to a decent raise over my current earnings, so I accepted. The total monthly pay in final offer was almost 2X higher than what was in the first offer.
    • To be clear, ADNOC did not increase the monthly base salary at all. They took the housing allowance and lumped it in as a monthly allowance, and added a monthly market premium to further increase the total monthly take home pay. I know that this allows them to give me the bare minimum in gratuity whenever I leave the job, but this was not an issue for me.
  • Now, first week of September, I was directed to communicate with the Onboarding HR team. I am now waiting for them to get my security clearance. My status is showing as "Approvals In Process".

So from what I have seen in this thread, it could be 4+ months before they get me my security clearance. Just yesterday, Onboarding emailed me with a pair of pre-employment medical forms for me to fill out here in the USA. One of the forms lists a series of basic medical tests I need to have done. My plan is to send a polite e-mail the Onboarding team once a week to check on the status of my security clearance. Maybe that will not make it go any faster, but I'm going to try anyway.

The Onboarding team indicated that they have an FAQ about the onboarding process that answers a lot of common questions. I have asked them twice to please send me this FAQ, but they have not done so yet. @psychopomp1 and @Ismailwadi, did either of you receive this FAQ?

Thanks to everyone again for posting their info! I will post updates on my own onboarding process to this thread as they occur.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
Hello everyone! Yankee engineer from Texas here. I want to thank everyone that has posted on this thread! The information has been very helpful. I am also in the onboarding process now with ADNOC-Onshore. I can contribute some more insight into the recruitment process steps from my own experience:
  • I had my interview via Microsoft Teams in early April just before the start of Ramadan
  • About two weeks after the interview, I got the email saying that I was selected for the job, and was asked to upload degree attestation, paystubs from my current job, prior employment verification and a few other forms
  • I received the first salary offer letter near the end of April. Similar to the poster psychopomp1 above, my initial salary offer was horrible. In fact, it was so far below my expectation level that I worried that things were Dead On Arrival. I rejected the offer. They asked me to tell them what monthly salary I am expecting to get, which I did.
  • Two and a half more months went by until I heard from HR again, and the sent me a 2nd salary offer in early July. They took my housing allowance and lumped it in with the monthly salary (so I would get to keep whatever money I save by renting an apartment that is cheape than the housing allowance). This increased the total monthly take home pay quite a bit, but was still well below my expectation. I rejected this second salary offer, and in the feedback I gave the a suggestion on what they could add to make the offer acceptable.
  • Nearly another 2 months went by, and then finally at the end of August they sent me a "final salary offer". In this offer they added "market premium" allowance to the monthly pay while keeping the base salary at the same low number as in the original offer. While the total monthly take home pay was still short of what I was asking, it still amounted to a decent raise over my current earnings, so I accepted. The total monthly pay in final offer was almost 2X higher than what was in the first offer.
    • To be clear, ADNOC did not increase the monthly base salary at all. They took the housing allowance and lumped it in as a monthly allowance, and added a monthly market premium to further increase the total monthly take home pay. I know that this allows them to give me the bare minimum in gratuity whenever I leave the job, but this was not an issue for me.
  • Now, first week of September, I was directed to communicate with the Onboarding HR team. I am now waiting for them to get my security clearance. My status is showing as "Approvals In Process".

So from what I have seen in this thread, it could be 4+ months before they get me my security clearance. Just yesterday, Onboarding emailed me with a pair of pre-employment medical forms for me to fill out here in the USA. One of the forms lists a series of basic medical tests I need to have done. My plan is to send a polite e-mail the Onboarding team once a week to check on the status of my security clearance. Maybe that will not make it go any faster, but I'm going to try anyway.

The Onboarding team indicated that they have an FAQ about the onboarding process that answers a lot of common questions. I have asked them twice to please send me this FAQ, but they have not done so yet. @psychopomp1 and @Ismailwadi, did either of you receive this FAQ?

Thanks to everyone again for posting their info! I will post updates on my own onboarding process to this thread as they occur.
As I was hired through an agent and not directly, I did not have access to the FAQ during onboarding.

Other users might be able to share whether they got access to such a document or not.

Old Sep 11th 2021, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

@SouthTXEngineer00
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Re: salary package, I think you've been very fortunate in getting them to lump your accommodation allowance with your salary as they normally keep the salary and accommodation allowances separate - they usually pay the landlord direct. After they made me the second revised offer, they clearly told me its the final offer and that no further negotiation would be possible, ie its a take it or leave it offer. So again, I think you've done very well to get a third revised offer from them.

About the onboarding process, I never received a FAQ document about this nor was I told anything about such a document. After accepting their offer, I got an automated email saying the next stage in the Onboarding process is for the application of my 'UAE Security Clearance' which takes between 3-6 weeks. Its now around 3 and a half months and i've still not received my security clearance. But if you do receive an Onboarding FAQ please do let us know what it says.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.