Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Old Mar 7th 2021, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

mahadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Did you receive the offer letter? If yes, how many days it took you to complete the process?
Old Mar 7th 2021, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mahadi
@WelloHorld Haven't received an offer letter or any email from HR.
It was me asking user 'Wellohorld' if he's received any offer yet.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

WelloHorld is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
It was me asking user 'Wellohorld' if he's received any offer yet.

My HR person told me it’s Monday he thinks I’ll get it. I haven’t forgotten about this. I will post my generic details. If for example they say total monthly comp is 27k AED is this purely the cash into bank amount? Or does it include the 135k accommodation allowance. Or are they all separate?
Old Apr 12th 2021, 9:28 am
Just Joined

I have to pay for medical tests here in the U.K. anyone else have to do this? Maybe it’s because of covid
Old Apr 12th 2021, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CRES
Hi BEXpat!

I am not sure the HR analyst in charge of my case is fully aware of the process and wanted to compare it with your experience.

Did ADNOC fly you out to just have the "pre-employment medical" or was this done at the same time as the f2f interview? Did they pick up the cost for this?
Was there an option to have the "pre-employment medical" in London?
I have been asked by the HR analyst to do the test in London and send the findings to them for ADNOC Medical team to review before asking me to resign (after I pass) and flyout for government medical / start job.
The pre-employment medical test list to be done in London is so long that even private medical companies I contacted are questioning whether I really need it for an office job and quoting me £1500 on average.

1. Laboratory Investigation: 15 tests (complete blood, hepatitis B, liver function, etc)
2. Other tests: hearing, lung function, vision + resting heart rate
3. Special tests: stress ECG, stool general
4. Radiology: chest x-ray

Was your experience similar.

Thanks in advance
CRES
same. I can’t even find a place that offers all of this. Can you advise me?
Old Apr 12th 2021, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WelloHorld
I have to pay for medical tests here in the U.K. anyone else have to do this? Maybe it’s because of covid
Not unusual at all, as long as ADNOC reimburse you in full. I also had to do a very comprehensive medical in UK for QP back in Sept, though my agency weren't willing to reimburse me (I was furious at the time but it was a case of pay for your medical if you want a job). But if working direct for oc's then you're pretty much guaranteed 100% to get your medical costs back, assuming you pass the medical and have been given the green light to mobilize.

Out of interest, what package did they offer you? A month or two ago, they made me a improved offer of AED 30k per month plus 180k pa housing allowance (grade was changed from 14 to 15) but it still wasn't as good as QP so had to politely decline their offer again.

Anyhoo good luck with your new upcoming adventure with ADNOC. God I miss working in the deserts of Abu Dhabi... the deserts of Qatar are so boring in comparison lol

Last edited by psychopomp1; Apr 12th 2021 at 10:42 am.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Not unusual at all, as long as ADNOC reimburse you in full. I also had to do a very comprehensive medical in UK for QP back in Sept, though my agency weren't willing to reimburse me (I was furious at the time but it was a case of pay for your medical if you want a job). But if working direct for oc's then you're pretty much guaranteed 100% to get your medical costs back, assuming you pass the medical and have been given the green light to mobilize.

Out of interest, what package did they offer you? A month or two ago, they made me a improved offer of AED 30k per month plus 180k pa housing allowance (grade was changed from 14 to 15) but it still wasn't as good as QP so had to politely decline their offer again.

Anyhoo good luck with your new upcoming adventure with ADNOC. God I miss working in the deserts of Abu Dhabi... the deserts of Qatar are so boring in comparison lol
they are not reimbursing the cost. Offer was not the best either. But nvm. Your offer was better.

i can’t find anywhere in the U.K. that does these tests and will fill the form in. Any ideas???
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Everything on this site contradicts what I have been told by adnoc Honestly lol
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

they are not reimbursing the cost. Offer was not the best either. But nvm. Your offer was better.

i can’t find anywhere in the U.K. that does these tests and will fill the form in. Any ideas???
TBH I’m almost shocked to hear that ADNOC won’t reimburse your medical costs. But it is what it is, so there’s not much you can do.

Wrt medical, give your nearest Bupa hospital a call. Or if you’re in Scotland, there’s plenty of providers in the Aberdeen area - such as Anchor Health Solutions who will do your medical. I suggest emailing your ADNOC medical requirements form over to the provider before handing over any cash. It’s not going to be cheap though - you’re looking at £500+
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

I tried Bupa they said they can’t do it. Maybe I should try again...

I will try the Scotland one. I don’t mind travelling. Pm me if you want!
Old Apr 13th 2021, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

I tried Bupa they said they can’t do it. Maybe I should try again...

I will try the Scotland one. I don’t mind travelling. Pm me if you want!
Sent you a pm with the details of the clinic who did my QP medical. I’m sure they’ll sort you out
Old May 17th 2021, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

mahadi is an unknown quantity at this point

My HR asked me to wait for the offer letter as the recruitment process at ADNOC Distribution takes time, due to multiple approvals are required. HR even told me that he will be sending the offer letter in a couple of days. After making me wait for more than three months, HR told me that they will not be sending the offer letter. This is highly unprofessional. My experience with ADNOC Distribution is completely opposite to whatever is mentioned on this page.
Old May 23rd 2021, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

ARK2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

I was interviewed in March 2021 and have not heard from Adnoc till now. Please I want the members of this forum who have applied through the ADNOC online portal to respond to my post.

Case 1: Those who were successful after the panel interview, how did the status online change? Did it change from ''In Process'' to what? Also how long did it take for the status to change online?

Case 2: Those who were not successful after the panel interview. Did the online status change from ''In Process'' to what? Also how long did it take for the status to change online?

Old May 25th 2021, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ARK2
Those who were successful after the panel interview, how did the status online change? Did it change from ''In Process'' to what? Also how long did it take for the status to change online?
I simply got a "congratulations you've been selected ......." email after I was successful...but this was almost 12 months after I had the skype interview!!! There's no fixed timescales as to when you'll get the good news (hopefully).
Old May 27th 2021, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

ARK2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I simply got a "congratulations you've been selected ......." email after I was successful...but this was almost 12 months after I had the skype interview!!! There's no fixed timescales as to when you'll get the good news (hopefully).
Many thanks for your response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.