Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Old Jan 15th 2022, 9:07 am
  #181  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2
Acheiver2022 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by shyguy
Hi There
I am going through the same situation. Have you eventually heard back anything from them. Have your status changed to something. I would appreciate your reply. My status is showing In Process since October 2021 and I just keep waiting.
good morning, for individuals successful in their interview process, how long did it take for your application to change from in process to the next step?

thnx
Acheiver2022 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2022, 5:41 am
  #182  
Forum Regular
 
psychopomp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Abu Scabby, UAE
Posts: 264
psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
If you can get your ADNOC manager, or perhaps any Emirati you know within ADNOC, to talk with HR about this I'm certain they will e-mail you that visa in the next day or so.

Very glad to hear that you visa has been issued!
Have now officially received the work visa...pheeeew. Like you, have been asked to provide a joining date and where I would like to fly from.

Do you know if ADNOC will provide air tickets to Dubai or is it strictly Abu Dhabi only? From Scotland the only UAE airport you can fly direct to is DXB (from GLA) so thats my preferred option as Etihad have stopped EDI-AUH flights. I've asked you-know-who in ADNOC HR but not sure if she'll give me an answer!

Cheers
psychopomp1 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2022, 8:41 pm
  #183  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 4
Zico10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Have now officially received the work visa...pheeeew. Like you, have been asked to provide a joining date and where I would like to fly from.

Do you know if ADNOC will provide air tickets to Dubai or is it strictly Abu Dhabi only? From Scotland the only UAE airport you can fly direct to is DXB (from GLA) so thats my preferred option as Etihad have stopped EDI-AUH flights. I've asked you-know-who in ADNOC HR but not sure if she'll give me an answer!

Cheers
Hi psychopomp1,

Same as you, I'm based in Scotland-Aberdeen. I think I'm about to receive the job contract for signature (my interview was in August).

You probably can help answering some queries:
- How much is the shipment allowance? cost or weight? air or sea freight?
- Is it ok to relocate on family basis upfront? it will be a hassle if I go alone first then come back to pick the family.
- A temporary accommodation should be provided, do they offer choices? e.g. hotel or flat?

Many thanks in advance

Zico10 is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2022, 1:09 am
  #184  
Forum Regular
 
psychopomp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Abu Scabby, UAE
Posts: 264
psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by Zico10
Hi psychopomp1,

Same as you, I'm based in Scotland-Aberdeen. I think I'm about to receive the job contract for signature (my interview was in August).

You probably can help answering some queries:
- How much is the shipment allowance? cost or weight? air or sea freight?
- Is it ok to relocate on family basis upfront? it will be a hassle if I go alone first then come back to pick the family.
- A temporary accommodation should be provided, do they offer choices? e.g. hotel or flat?

Many thanks in advance
Hi buddy

I'm in Inverness so not too far away from you

1. Shipment allowance is shown as 'as per company policies' in my contract and I haven't got a scooby what they are as I've never seen them. I'll bring my stuff over and claim back what I can (I imagine they have a limit)
2. I think they allow you to bring your family over on a visit/tourist visa but your family would need to leave the country (ie go on a 'visa run') and come back on a family visa once you've got residence.
3. In my contract it states up to 30 days hotel accommodation (full board) provided in AUH city so I imagine that's the same for everyone.

Good luck with the offer!
psychopomp1 is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2022, 6:55 pm
  #185  
Forum Regular
 
psychopomp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Abu Scabby, UAE
Posts: 264
psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by psychopomp1

Do you know if ADNOC will provide air tickets to Dubai or is it strictly Abu Dhabi only?
To answer my own question: ADNOC have told me that they will only provide flights to/from Abu Dhabi (in case it helps others).
psychopomp1 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2022, 3:07 am
  #186  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 20
SouthTXEngineer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by Acheiver2022
good morning, for individuals successful in their interview process, how long did it take for your application to change from in process to the next step?

thnx
Hello ​​​​​​Acheiver2022. To be honest, in my case I don't know precisely how long this took for me as I was not checking the ADNOC job portal regularly. I might have to look thorough my own replies on this thread to see if I reported when it changed. I think that mine was listed as "In Process" for maybe 4 months? I was stuck in the "Offer" stage from May to around the end of September, and that's when it changed to "In Process". At that point, the next step was for the UAE government to grant me the security clearance, and that took around 2 and a half months (started late September and clearance received at the end of November). Once I got the security clearance I knew I was in the home stretch, so I stopped worrying about checking the job portal to see if my status showed something other than "In Process".

Hope this helps.
SouthTXEngineer00 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2022, 3:25 am
  #187  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 20
SouthTXEngineer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by Zico10
Hi psychopomp1,

Same as you, I'm based in Scotland-Aberdeen. I think I'm about to receive the job contract for signature (my interview was in August).

You probably can help answering some queries:
- How much is the shipment allowance? cost or weight? air or sea freight?
- Is it ok to relocate on family basis upfront? it will be a hassle if I go alone first then come back to pick the family.
- A temporary accommodation should be provided, do they offer choices? e.g. hotel or flat?

Many thanks in advance
Hello from Texas to everyone. I received a phone call from ADNOC-Onshore's HR team member around midnight last night (which would have been 10AM in Abu Dhabi). I got a little more information from that phone call which I will relay to you all:
  • The shipment allowance is for SEA SHIPMENT ONLY! I repeat: sea shipment only. You can pay for an air shipment if you want, but they will not reimburse you one dollar (or pound ) if you go that route. For sea shipment, if you are moving by yourself as I am, they will reimburse up to the cost of a single 20-foot container. If you are moving your family with you, then they will reimburse up to the cost of a single 40-foot container. You pay, give them the receipt, and they reimburse you. What happens if you are moving yourself and need a 40-foot container? My understanding for this case is that they will reimburse you only the cost of what the 20-foot container would have been, and you have to eat the rest. I *think* you can move your family with you up front rather than going back and getting them, but this is not a question that I specifically asked on the phone call.
  • They fly you into AUH (Abu Dhabi airport) and will have someone waiting there to pick you up and take you to the hotel. I have not yet been told which hotel they will put me up in. It does not appear that we are given any choice of which hotel. In my case, they will fly me from Houston to Chicago O-Hare, and in Chicago I get on the Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi. For those of you in Scotland, perhaps they will short-hop you to London-Heathrow and get you on the Etihad flight from Heathrow to AUH (if they still use the Airbus A380 for that flight then it ought to be a real nice flight for you guys).
  • I did not ask them on the phone about whether or not they give you a UAE SIM card. However, it is possible that you might be given an Etisalat SIM card upon arrival at the immigration counter at AUH. For reference, I traveled to Dubai in October 2021 to visit Expo 2020, and at DXB airport they were giving everybody a free DU SIM card at the immigration desks.
  • Someone will meet us in the morning on our first day of work and take us through the process of applying for Emirates ID, Daman health insurance, residency visa, and other things.
  • I have a Zoom call set up with some HR reps at ADNOC HQ in a few hours. I will report what other information I am able to get from them.

Hope this helps!
SouthTXEngineer00 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2022, 6:42 am
  #188  
Forum Regular
 
psychopomp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Abu Scabby, UAE
Posts: 264
psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

SouthTXEngineer00

Thank you, very useful information. If you can, please find out if they give a mobile (or at the very least a post-paid sim card) for certain employees. I know getting a sim card itself isn't a huge hassle in UAE but I need all business calls & data provided whilst I'm out in the field where i'll be spending 100% of my time. I suspect this benefit might be provided by my team leader rather than HR in general but would be good to get clarification.

Btw I don't know if you're aware but ADNOC storage tanks (crude?) in Musaffah were attacked by drones yesterday with sadly 3 fatalities. It goes without saying that CNIA will ramp up security at ADNOC sites/facilities (as well as other state facilities) everywhere.
psychopomp1 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2022, 9:37 am
  #189  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 3
Gomboz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Thanks guys for the very useful information, this is indeed a great discussion with lots of benefit for anyone who started the process with ADNOC. I have a query regarding the application status. I have had my interview end of Nov 2021, got my "congratulations you have been selected" email first week of Jan 2022, and within that email I was asked to upload all the required documents, which I did within 2 days. After uploading the documents, the status is still showing as "Documents Requested". Is that normal ? when does status change ? My understanding from what I read in this thread is that once I receive a draft offer it might change, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your support guys.

Gomboz.
Gomboz is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 12:44 pm
  #190  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 20
SouthTXEngineer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by Gomboz
Thanks guys for the very useful information, this is indeed a great discussion with lots of benefit for anyone who started the process with ADNOC. I have a query regarding the application status. I have had my interview end of Nov 2021, got my "congratulations you have been selected" email first week of Jan 2022, and within that email I was asked to upload all the required documents, which I did within 2 days. After uploading the documents, the status is still showing as "Documents Requested". Is that normal ? when does status change ? My understanding from what I read in this thread is that once I receive a draft offer it might change, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your support guys.

Gomboz.
Yes this is normal. Even after uploading your documents it will take some time, perhaps even a month or more, before they finally get back to you with a salary offer. Be forewarned that the initial salary offer is likely to be very low. If you can justify that you deserve more, don't be afraid to reject it and in the comment box tell them what salary you are expecting and why. You will be asked to upload your most recent pay stubs, but I have a feeling that they don't actually look at those when drawing up your initial salary offer.
SouthTXEngineer00 is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 12:58 pm
  #191  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 20
SouthTXEngineer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

MAJOR UPDATE!

ADNOC has booked my flights and they emailed me an FAQ about the onboarding process!!! Yes the mythical FAQ is real! Here are some quick notes from the FAQ that I think will be of interest to this thread:
  • Vacation probationary period is 6 months, but your line manager may approve shortening it to 3 months.
  • We are not eligible for the interest free car loan until the end of the 6 month probationary period. However, our line manager can approve our eligibility for the loan at any time.
  • Temporary car rental expenses are not covered.
  • They will provide an allowance for a company mobile phone. Your line manager must approve this allowance.
  • You will be asked to provide ADNOC with cost quotes from 2 moving companies.
  • For those of you bringing your family with you, they advise having your family join you in UAE later because they do not provide temporary hotel accommodation for families nor do they provide health insurance for the family until they get their resident visas. They say that when your family is ready to join you, they will arrange the travel for your family and pay that cost.
  • Once you start the process of sponsoring your family, you may apply to get them on your Daman health insurance.
SouthTXEngineer00 is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 3:49 pm
  #192  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 6
Yafash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
MAJOR UPDATE!

ADNOC has booked my flights and they emailed me an FAQ about the onboarding process!!! Yes the mythical FAQ is real! Here are some quick notes from the FAQ that I think will be of interest to this thread:
  • Vacation probationary period is 6 months, but your line manager may approve shortening it to 3 months.
  • We are not eligible for the interest free car loan until the end of the 6 month probationary period. However, our line manager can approve our eligibility for the loan at any time.
  • Temporary car rental expenses are not covered.
  • They will provide an allowance for a company mobile phone. Your line manager must approve this allowance.
  • You will be asked to provide ADNOC with cost quotes from 2 moving companies.
  • For those of you bringing your family with you, they advise having your family join you in UAE later because they do not provide temporary hotel accommodation for families nor do they provide health insurance for the family until they get their resident visas. They say that when your family is ready to join you, they will arrange the travel for your family and pay that cost.
  • Once you start the process of sponsoring your family, you may apply to get them on your Daman health insurance.
Great updates SouthTXEngineer00, wish you all the best in the new adventure.
Yafash is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 4:00 pm
  #193  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 6
Yafash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
Hello ​​​​​​Acheiver2022. To be honest, in my case I don't know precisely how long this took for me as I was not checking the ADNOC job portal regularly. I might have to look thorough my own replies on this thread to see if I reported when it changed. I think that mine was listed as "In Process" for maybe 4 months? I was stuck in the "Offer" stage from May to around the end of September, and that's when it changed to "In Process". At that point, the next step was for the UAE government to grant me the security clearance, and that took around 2 and a half months (started late September and clearance received at the end of November). Once I got the security clearance I knew I was in the home stretch, so I stopped worrying about checking the job portal to see if my status showed something other than "In Process".

Hope this helps.
That’s interesting, my jumped straight from interview completed to ‘In Process’. I think a few people have had the in process phase even before interviews were conducted.
Yafash is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 4:55 pm
  #194  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 3
Gomboz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
Yes this is normal. Even after uploading your documents it will take some time, perhaps even a month or more, before they finally get back to you with a salary offer. Be forewarned that the initial salary offer is likely to be very low. If you can justify that you deserve more, don't be afraid to reject it and in the comment box tell them what salary you are expecting and why. You will be asked to upload your most recent pay stubs, but I have a feeling that they don't actually look at those when drawing up your initial salary offer.
Thanks for the advise mate.Really appreciated.
Gomboz is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2022, 7:38 pm
  #195  
Forum Regular
 
psychopomp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Abu Scabby, UAE
Posts: 264
psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADNOC - process steps in recruitment

Originally Posted by SouthTXEngineer00
MAJOR UPDATE!

ADNOC has booked my flights and they emailed me an FAQ about the onboarding process!!! Yes the mythical FAQ is real! Here are some quick notes from the FAQ that I think will be of interest to this thread:
  • Vacation probationary period is 6 months, but your line manager may approve shortening it to 3 months.
  • We are not eligible for the interest free car loan until the end of the 6 month probationary period. However, our line manager can approve our eligibility for the loan at any time.
  • Temporary car rental expenses are not covered.
  • They will provide an allowance for a company mobile phone. Your line manager must approve this allowance.
  • You will be asked to provide ADNOC with cost quotes from 2 moving companies.
  • For those of you bringing your family with you, they advise having your family join you in UAE later because they do not provide temporary hotel accommodation for families nor do they provide health insurance for the family until they get their resident visas. They say that when your family is ready to join you, they will arrange the travel for your family and pay that cost.
  • Once you start the process of sponsoring your family, you may apply to get them on your Daman health insurance.
Thanks, tonnes of useful info there. Re; accommodation, did they tell you if we can move out of the hotel as soon as we find permanent accommodation? Or do we have to wait until we get our residence visa, Emirates ID etc? You-know-who from HR called me yesterday but she only wanted to talk about flights
psychopomp1 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.