British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   ADNOC offer & medical test (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/adnoc-offer-medical-test-923227/)

CRES Mar 14th 2019 3:12 pm

ADNOC offer & medical test

Hi all,

This is a great platform/community to be part of. I have an offer on the table from ADNOC subsidiary and need advice/feedback on three areas:

OFFER: Grade14 / office based role @ 65k AED p/m (incl. basic / housing & education). + health insurance for the family.
How does the above offer sound for a family of of 6: two secondary school children and two primary, 3-4 bedroom villa, 2 cars. Food - we love the local food but will also include your typical fast food restaurants (children). I am currently earning £68k and do not save much.

MEDICAL TEST: I was diagnosed with TB 16 years ago and fully treated. I read as part of UAE rules they do not give residency visa to someone past TB history BUT I have met a HR recruiter who was in a similar position who passed after the consultant decided that the scars on their chest were too small, the same HR person has advised me to take x-ray scans & reports from my doctor (GP) and from a private hospital (say Harley street). I also read on other community forums that you can appeal should you fail..........what are your thoughts?

RESIGNING FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER: According to HR the next stage is for them to get external approval before asking me to resign from my current employer before flying me out to AD for the medical and then start the job. I do not intent to resign from a job and when I don't have the other job fully confirmed.
I am expected to fly out to Dubai/Abu Dhabi in April/june for work purposes with current employer. Assuming that the medical test date coincides with my trip - I plan to propose to ADNOC if I can do the test at the same time as my business trip and then start work after serving my notice period. I see this as the only option to avoid resigning first.....have you come across similar situation before and what would you advice?

Thanks you in advance

omega7 Mar 16th 2019 4:07 pm

Re: ADNOC offer & medical test

See below.

Originally Posted by CRES (Post 12653703)
Hi all,

This is a great platform/community to be part of. I have an offer on the table from ADNOC subsidiary and need advice/feedback on three areas:

OFFER: Grade14 / office based role @ 65k AED p/m (incl. basic / housing & education). + health insurance for the family.
How does the above offer sound for a family of of 6: two secondary school children and two primary, 3-4 bedroom villa, 2 cars. Food - we love the local food but will also include your typical fast food restaurants (children). I am currently earning £68k and do not save much.

First congratulations! Given that ADNOC is usually generous with housing and education allowances, i suspect that the actual salary offer is ~35-40K, which i think is OK but still on the low side. The same applies to the grade code; it's on the low side.You will save more, but is this worth the move? That's up to you to decide.

MEDICAL TEST: I was diagnosed with TB 16 years ago and fully treated. I read as part of UAE rules they do not give residency visa to someone past TB history BUT I have met a HR recruiter who was in a similar position who passed after the consultant decided that the scars on their chest were too small, the same HR person has advised me to take x-ray scans & reports from my doctor (GP) and from a private hospital (say Harley street). I also read on other community forums that you can appeal should you fail..........what are your thoughts?

Not familiar with the rules. But be prepared for all outcomes, and i don't think that any appeal would work, but hopefully you wont get to that stage.

RESIGNING FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER: According to HR the next stage is for them to get external approval before asking me to resign from my current employer before flying me out to AD for the medical and then start the job. I do not intent to resign from a job and when I don't have the other job fully confirmed.
I am expected to fly out to Dubai/Abu Dhabi in April/june for work purposes with current employer. Assuming that the medical test date coincides with my trip - I plan to propose to ADNOC if I can do the test at the same time as my business trip and then start work after serving my notice period. I see this as the only option to avoid resigning first.....have you come across similar situation before and what would you advice?

I dont think that ADNOC would exhibit such flexibility, but never hurts to ask. Most if not all people would advise you to sit tight and wait till you have a solid offer and instruction (i.e. commitment from their side) to resign.

Thanks you in advance

CRES Mar 16th 2019 11:20 pm

Many thanks for your advice

PPPTTT Aug 19th 2019 12:07 pm

How much time usually it took for internal/external approval once you are selected.

garfie Jan 11th 2020 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by CRES (Post 12653703)

This is very topical for me at the moment, as well as scaring the proverbial out of me. I'm in the exact same position as you were, including having had TB (and scars) about 15 years ago. Can you please share with me either here or in private how did it go?

christmasoompa Jan 11th 2020 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by garfie (Post 12788398)
This is very topical for me at the moment, as well as scaring the proverbial out of me. I'm in the exact same position as you were, including having had TB (and scars) about 15 years ago. Can you please share with me either here or in private how did it go?

Just FYI, the person you're asking hasn't been on the forum since May of last year, so may not see your message. It may be worth starting a new thread of your own on the subject so that anybody with relevant experience can help.

HTH and welcome to BE.

garfie Jan 11th 2020 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12788405)
Just FYI, the person you're asking hasn't been on the forum since May of last year, so may not see your message. It may be worth starting a new thread of your own on the subject so that anybody with relevant experience can help.

HTH and welcome to BE.

Cheers christmasoompa, didn't notice so thanks a lot!

Jojo12 Feb 18th 2020 2:02 pm

Hello everyone ,
So how much does adnoc (in the UAE)pay for someone with 9 years experience in logistics as I have no idea about their grading system. Please help

Millhouse Feb 18th 2020 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jojo12 (Post 12808371)
Hello everyone ,
So how much does adnoc (in the UAE)pay for someone with 9 years experience in logistics as I have no idea about their grading system. Please help

It depends on many things, including if you are black with white stripes or white with black stripes.

sarahlou davis Feb 20th 2020 10:44 am

What Scamp says. Could be anything from 10-30k a month

Jojo12 Feb 20th 2020 11:27 am

Including benefits ?

sarahlou davis Feb 20th 2020 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Jojo12 (Post 12809168)
Including benefits ?

Total package ( Excl schooling, annual travel allowance and medical insurance)

Jojo12 Feb 20th 2020 11:33 am

Does adnoc have a fixed allowance for schooling ?

sarahlou davis Feb 20th 2020 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Jojo12 (Post 12809172)
Does adnoc have a fixed allowance for schooling ?

Different band for different levels
Have you been made an offer? as it will all be in the letter

Jojo12 Feb 20th 2020 11:41 am

Thank you so much for helping .. haven't got that far still waiting and hoping for the best