Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Address Hotel, am I missing something?

The Address Hotel, am I missing something?

Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Address Hotel, am I missing something?

I was just looking at some rentals in Dubai, and came across 1BR to let in the Address Hotel. The price: 120k p/a..

If I book a normal room, the cheapest room (in summer..) is 1000k a night excluding taxes, which makes 36k a month including taxes.

So what am I missing? Perhaps you won't get your room cleaned daily, but apart from that? It's fully furnished, looks just like a hotelroom.

Last edited by Euc-; Jul 17th 2009 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:42 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Address Hotel, am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Euc-
I was just looking at some rentals in Dubai, and came across Studio to let in the Address Hotel. The price: 120k p/a..

If I book a normal room, the cheapest room (in summer..) is 1000k a night excluding taxes, which makes 36k a month including taxes.

So what am I missing? Perhaps you won't get your room cleaned daily, but apart from that? It's fully furnished, looks just like a hotelroom.
and your question is...?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
and your question is...?
Why so much cheaper? My experience with luxury hotel residences is that they are mostly on par with the going rates, perhaps a little cheaper but not that much.

90k For a Studio: click

Last edited by Euc-; Jul 17th 2009 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:48 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Why so much cheaper? My experience with luxury hotel residences is that they are mostly on par with the going rates, perhaps a little cheaper but not that much.

90k For a Studio: click
120'000 pa aint cheap man. Hotels have 30-40% occupancy at the moment and are offering travel agents massive discounts on room rates to get punters in. A 12 month contract ensures a room is let.

But why live in a hotel room?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

120'000 pa aint cheap man. Hotels have 30-40% occupancy at the moment and are offering travel agents massive discounts on room rates to get punters in. A 12 month contract ensures a room is let.

But why live in a hotel room?
Why not? No need to move in an apartment which you then have to spend a fortune on to (re)decorate, no surprise bills for DEWA charges, all the conveniences of the hotel itself etc etc..

Could be ideal for persons who are in and out of the country all the time, don't want to stay in a different hotelroom every time and can give the place their own touch.

Besides, atm they are offering the discounts, in a few months when the exhibitions start the prices will rise again.

Last edited by Euc-; Jul 17th 2009 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:09 pm
If I have to explain...

Why not? No need to move in an apartment which you then have to spend a fortune on to (re)decorate, no surprise bills for DEWA charges, all the conveniences of the hotel itself etc etc..

Could be ideal for persons who are in and out of the country all the time, don't want to stay in a different hotelroom every time and can give the place their own touch.

Besides, atm they are offering the discounts, in a few months when the exhibitions start the prices will rise again.
OK if you are travelling in and out. I spend a lot of time in hotel rooms when around and about and can't wait to get home. Living in one, erm; no thanks!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

OK if you are travelling in and out. I spend a lot of time in hotel rooms when around and about and can't wait to get home. Living in one, erm; no thanks!
I'll second that. For the last 10 years I've spent up to 6 months a year in hotel rooms. When I get home, I want space and my own stuff.

The wife always wants to book in a local hotel for the night, last thing I want to do after travelling. So she ends up going to get her feet/hair/body done instead.