Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Adam Jones aged 10 kidnapped in Qatar

Adam Jones aged 10 kidnapped in Qatar

Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:05 am
Banned

David Eyles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adam Jones aged 10 kidnapped in Qatar

They banned me for a month, probably for ever when they read this!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Of course,

if I say to you 'oh I hope your lumpy head gets better' then thats moral support, but signing an online petition means nowt. In fact it gives people flase hope, so its worse than nowt.
I think there's a difference between acts of solidarity and false hope.

Originally Posted by The Dean
The British Embassy, like everywhere else, are useless. The staff regard their overseas postings as a three-year paid holiday. They will never 'rock the boat'.

Forget them.
Ain't gonna argue with that...the British Embassy is an extention of the British Government...and they don't give a rat's aunty.

N.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Eyles
They banned me for a month, probably for ever when they read this!
This account has been banned for creating multiple accounts...your main account will be if you continue to create multiple accounts and for posting a pm message on the board.

Spamming the boards just isn't tolerated and if every one with a cause tried it the place will be swamped and this isn't the place to make a political statement.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The British Embassy, like everywhere else, are useless. The staff regard their overseas postings as a three-year paid holiday. They will never 'rock the boat'.

Forget them.
The Consul, from the Orlando consulate posts on these boards and has been really helpful towards anyone asking for help...so I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Forget them.
totally correct. Have experienced the 'yes we are trying to resolve this' attitude of the AD British embassy..whilst doing the square root of **** all
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Just in case you wanted an update, Rebecca (Adam's mother) finally got to meet with Adam last night for the first time since all this happened. She was overjoyed to see him once again but I believe that today has been quite difficult.

Even if signing the petition does squat in regards to getting him back, it has done wonders for Rebecca and her family to know that she has that kind of support, even from strangers, and for me that's something.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

No apologies for digging up this old thread, because the situation is, if anything, becoming more desperate. Some facts might help……………

I had the opportunity last night to meet one or two people who are very close to the situation, and the full horror of the story is appalling. The mother was completely tricked, by her late husband’s brother-in-law whom she trusted implicitly, into ‘allowing’ Adam to visit his sick grandmother, while she stayed with the BIL to sign some papers (in Arabic) which she was told concerned ‘matters concerning the inheritance’. She duly signed, at which point the BIL looked her straight in the eye and said ‘you will never see your son again’. The papers were documents waiving her rights to custody and even visits to see her son.

That’s worse than a kidnapping, LH, I’m sure you’d agree.

She lost the court appeal, so custody of her now-11-year-old son is now with an ageing grandmother who cannot communicate with him, and who is partly disabled.

What I had not realised was that the mother and father had separated before Adam was even born, so Adam never knew him as a father anyway. The father died in an accident several years ago, and the mother had remarried.

The court judgment seems to have been determined by (a) the papers signed by the mother, and (b) the fact that Adam would not get a “Muslim upbringing” with her. The deceit of the father’s family has so far been ignored.

This one won’t go away, but the mother has now lost her Qatari sponsorship which had enabled her to stay in Qatar while this was being investigated, and she is now, in effect, broke (legal fees etc).

If you have no objection (Spugsy, I agree with you, but the moral support from this sort of petition is really helping the mother), please do sign any petition, including the one run by Gulf Weekly which they have agreed to present to Downing Street.

Thanks.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No apologies for digging up this old thread, because the situation is, if anything, becoming more desperate. Some facts might help……………

I had the opportunity last night to meet one or two people who are very close to the situation, and the full horror of the story is appalling. The mother was completely tricked, by her late husband’s brother-in-law whom she trusted implicitly, into ‘allowing’ Adam to visit his sick grandmother, while she stayed with the BIL to sign some papers (in Arabic) which she was told concerned ‘matters concerning the inheritance’. She duly signed, at which point the BIL looked her straight in the eye and said ‘you will never see your son again’. The papers were documents waiving her rights to custody and even visits to see her son.

She lost the court appeal, so custody of her now-11-year-old son is now with an ageing grandmother who cannot communicate with him, and who is partly disabled.

What I had not realised was that the mother and father had separated before Adam was even born, so Adam never knew him as a father anyway. The father died in an accident several years ago, and the mother had remarried.

The court judgment seems to have been determined by (a) the papers signed by the mother, and (b) the fact that Adam would not get a “Muslim upbringing” with her. The deceit of the father’s family has so far been ignored.

This one won’t go away, but the mother has now lost her Qatari sponsorship which had enabled her to stay in Qatar while this was being investigated, and she is now, in effect, broke (legal fees etc).

If you have no objection (Spugsy, I agree with you, but the moral support from this sort of petition is really helping the mother), please do sign any petition, including the one run by Gulf Weekly which they have agreed to present to Downing Street.

Thanks.
absolutely terrible, have you got the link for the petition please?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
absolutely terrible, have you got the link for the petition please?
Thanks BC - that little kindness hasn't gone unnoticed.

Gulf Weekly have a Page One comments/petition jobby, but there is a big facebook campaign too, which you can probably find. If you Google words like "Rebecca/Adam/Qatar" you'll get more details.

http://gulfweeklyworldwide.com/bringadam.asp
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I agree horrific and what a sad sad situation, but you can shoot me down all you want, you have to go into these relationships with your eyes open, I am married to a local and there is no way in hell, i would trust him or his family if things ever went tits up, really sometimes people sillyness for the want of a better word never fails to amaze me.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by banter64
I agree horrific and what a sad sad situation, but you can shoot me down all you want, you have to go into these relationships with your eyes open, I am married to a local and there is no way in hell, i would trust him or his family if things ever went tits up, really sometimes people sillyness for the want of a better word never fails to amaze me.
If you can fall in love with an Arab, I guess you can trust an Arab...........

Your marriage will go the same way, I'm sorry to say.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:23 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

What a terrible situation the poor mother must be in.

There have been countless stories of children being "taken" by fathers, after they have tricked their wives or ex wife into letting them take the child for a "holiday".

There have been books and films made on the same subcet, each woman thought that it would never happen to her child.

One of the main problems is that the culture favours the father, so the woman has to fight in a male dominated society, to regain her rights, but womens rights are practically non existant.

When will the women learn to say "no", and keep their children safely in the UK.
If relatives want to see the child, let them visit the UK, at least your child will be safe.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

hmm,there were things in the newspaper and n a local website about this. The general opinion over here is,as far as I know, that all this is about money. I have no connection to or interest in this, all I am saying is there are 2 sides to this story.

I feel horrible for this little boy, he should have never been in this situation.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BC - that little kindness hasn't gone unnoticed.

Gulf Weekly have a Page One comments/petition jobby, but there is a big facebook campaign too, which you can probably find. If you Google words like "Rebecca/Adam/Qatar" you'll get more details.

http://gulfweeklyworldwide.com/bringadam.asp
I am in the FB group
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can fall in love with an Arab, I guess you can trust an Arab...........

Your marriage will go the same way, I'm sorry to say.
You know what you may well be right about my marriage but, I took all the necessary steps to ensure that my kids would always be with me and that I would have a sure fire way of getting and staying out of the UAE in case I ever needed too, I trust my husband 100% i just dont trust his family never have and never will.

My ex SIL had the same issues with her boys but when the family wanted her sons to visit from the USA she was stupid enough to let them, My kids dont see his family now so they sure as hell would not see them if we were divorced.

Again it all goes back to being prepared and having a back up plan due to the law and culture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.