Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

Originally Posted by archie159
I posted that (assuming it is the same one - I've found it re-posted several times, on this and other boards, sometimes by people claiming credit for it, but I have never seen any other versions!). Happy to send it in "original" powerpoint to anyone who promises to update it and re-post it.
In fact, I'll repost it here again, as the same questions keep coming around. Note that it is now 18 months out of date...
Attached Files
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy to provide you more details for the compound I live in.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 1:57 pm
t.t
Just Joined

t.t is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by archie159
In fact, I'll repost it here again, as the same questions keep coming around. Note that it is now 18 months out of date...
Archie - I salute you. Very helpful and a number of new leads there. Many thanks!

Originally Posted by csdf
I'm happy to provide you more details for the compound I live in.
Love to hear more details csdf when convenient, via PM if necessary. In the end (probably should have said upfront) was to get the scoop from people that are actually living in a particular compound. I need to make the right choice to make this transition easier for my family, so all this helps.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Debbie37 is an unknown quantity at this point

t.t - I was wondering where you ended up living? I am just about to move over to AD next week with 2 young girls and I'm struggling with every area!! Our budget is 180 and the girls are attending BISAD (Khalifa B) I'm from Scotland, and hoping to live near other ex-pats in a similar situation.
Thanks
Debbie
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbie37
t.t - I was wondering where you ended up living? I am just about to move over to AD next week with 2 young girls and I'm struggling with every area!! Our budget is 180 and the girls are attending BISAD (Khalifa B) I'm from Scotland, and hoping to live near other ex-pats in a similar situation.
Thanks
Debbie
i know of a 4 bed ensuite compound villa green garden etc in kcb exit 333 so right on the main road easy to get in and out for 150k. 5 mins down the al ain road to bisad, and same back again.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbie37
Thanks
Debbie
180k will get you a 4 or 5 bedroom in Al Reef (5 bed has a pool)
120k will get you a 3 bed in Al Reef

180k will get you a decent sized villa in KCA/KCB.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
180k will get you a 4 or 5 bedroom in Al Reef (5 bed has a pool)
120k will get you a 3 bed in Al Reef

180k will get you a decent sized villa in KCA/KCB.
150 in kcb
Old Sep 15th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
150 in kcb
Maybe we differ on what is decent sized
Old Sep 15th 2013, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Maybe we differ on what is decent sized
4 bed ensuite is that decent sized to me it is but then again i used to live in an 8 bedroom massive house before in kca as thats was all that was available at the time, that to me was overly big....!
Old Sep 15th 2013, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
4 bed ensuite is that decent sized to me it is but then again i used to live in an 8 bedroom massive house before in kca as thats was all that was available at the time, that to me was overly big....!
"An 8 bedroom massive house before in kca as thats was all that was available at the time..." Other than the typically piss poor syntax, my heart bleeds for you ( said the crocodile...). You obviously tried very hard to find somewhere smaller, I'm sure...
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
"An 8 bedroom massive house before in kca as thats was all that was available at the time..." Other than the typically piss poor syntax, my heart bleeds for you ( said the crocodile...). You obviously tried very hard to find somewhere smaller, I'm sure...
To be fair to BB, flash she ain't, she has her feet firmly on the ground (and her head in it when she types on here)
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
To be fair to BB, flash she ain't, she has her feet firmly on the ground (and her head in it when she types on here)
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

we did.... there just wasnt anything... this was in the time before kca became over crowded and popular...!!!! we are slumming it now, only a 4 bed lol
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by al dente
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but even when we had all those "extra" rooms, we put them to good use as we stored the contents of a couple of peoples furniture for them free of charge amongst other things.....

now we could have rented out all those rooms and made a mint but of course its illegal so we didnt....!!!