AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 2:18 am
t.t
Just Joined

t.t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience or insights on the following gated communities in Abu Dhabi:

Mangrove Village, Bloom Gardens, Palms Oasis, Golf Gardens, Al Qurm, Sas Al Nikhil, Al Raha Gardens.

Things like size, whether the development is complete or not, snagging issues and finishes, housing density/proximity, facilities for families/children, environment and outlook, community friendliness, pros and cons of location etc.

Any other names of similar communities that you could suggest i search on for accommodation would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AD Residential community suggestions and opinions

Here it is in stereotypes:

Mangrove Village: rich French people
Bloom Gardens: arrivistes
Palm Oasis; never heard of it
Golf Gardens: rich people who inexplicably want to pay the same as it would cost to live in a similar place on island, but would rather live next to a motorway
Al Qurm: hedge-fund managers who inexplicably want to live next to a motorway, but also need somewhere to moor their "day-boat"
Sas al Nikhil: people on a budget who like electricity pylons
Al Raha Gardens: Surrey ra-ras who put on full make-up when they go to the supermarket (Spinneys, naturally)
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Here it is in stereotypes:

Mangrove Village: rich French people
Bloom Gardens: arrivistes
Palm Oasis; never heard of it
Golf Gardens: rich people who inexplicably want to pay the same as it would cost to live in a similar place on island, but would rather live next to a motorway
Al Qurm: hedge-fund managers who inexplicably want to live next to a motorway, but also need somewhere to moor their "day-boat"
Sas al Nikhil: people on a budget who like electricity pylons
Al Raha Gardens: Surrey ra-ras who put on full make-up when they go to the supermarket (Spinneys, naturally)
hahahaha but there are two compounds call al qurm. the one that i think you are referring to is the nice rich moor your own boat in the mangrove one. there is the original compound which is close to brighton college on salam street and was opposite the nice plyons which they spent loads of money to take down, but you still have the nice view of the power station all lit up at night too.
palm oasis, is very expensive but quite tight compound.
golf gardens has probs with mossies.

its all down to your budget....
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
golf gardens has probs with mossies.
Is that moslems or mosquitos busybee2?

All are decent options. Some will be prohibitively expensive. Could throw a few more into the mix:-

Liwa, Mushrif, Karama, 87 villas, the storage box compound, Al Reef
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Is that moslems or mosquitos busybee2?

All are decent options. Some will be prohibitively expensive. Could throw a few more into the mix:-

Liwa, Mushrif, Karama, 87 villas, the storage box compound, Al Reef
87 villas i think is the same al qurm villas.
storage box compound which one is that?
liwa mega bucks like 300k.
karama is like 170/200k.
87 villas are 250 maybe

and i mean the biting buzzing insects.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

storage box compound which one is that?
next to 87 villas - grey and orange monstrosity
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:52 pm
t.t
Just Joined

Hehehe, telling summation - thank you all.

I'm looking in the Karama range budget wise so will check that out, plus the others in terms of location and current cost. I'm not a hedgie but living next to a motorway or power station doesn't particularly appeal...

Any opinions on newbies to AD avoiding the gated communities and renting a private villa downtown? I guess it's more of a lottery in that the buildings are older, you might have to deal with landlords direct, traffic etc. Having kids should assist us meeting people if not living in a compound.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by saudiflares
next to 87 villas - grey and orange monstrosity
r i wondered what they were called.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by t.t
Hehehe, telling summation - thank you all.

I'm looking in the Karama range budget wise so will check that out, plus the others in terms of location and current cost. I'm not a hedgie but living next to a motorway or power station doesn't particularly appeal...

Any opinions on newbies to AD avoiding the gated communities and renting a private villa downtown? I guess it's more of a lottery in that the buildings are older, you might have to deal with landlords direct, traffic etc. Having kids should assist us meeting people if not living in a compound.
hahaha karama is old i mean old it was the first compound built in ad. private villas downtown means expensive. landlords direct, nope still not always the case. traffic nope you get traffic everywhere. kids = people, nope you are better off in a compound.

so the areas of al nayhan and bloom gardens and sas al nakheel and raha gardens raha beach and al reef are all out as they are next to power station, power lines, motorway, airport runway. karama and mushrif is fine, but too far down in mushrif you are then close to bateen private airport and they have a lot of noisey planes few times a year. if you say the budget then we can tell you where you can look.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:21 am
t.t
Just Joined

Can't be too picky in terms of infrastructure views eh?

On the bright side if karama is old then they've sorted out all the snagging issues and actually filled the pool with water???

if you say the budget then we can tell you where you can look.
Ok, let's say max 180k for something with a child friendly atmosphere, a little green grass in the back yard, a clean shared pool, glimpses of pylon/power station only, and not too many rich Frenchies!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by t.t
Can't be too picky in terms of infrastructure views eh?

On the bright side if karama is old then they've sorted out all the snagging issues and actually filled the pool with water???

Ok, let's say max 180k for something with a child friendly atmosphere, a little green grass in the back yard, a clean shared pool, glimpses of pylon/power station only, and not too many rich Frenchies!
ok you may if you can haggle and get karama for a smich under 200. khalidya village is like 230 upwards. sas al la pylons is 160 for a 3 bed. al reef is like 150 for a 3 bed. karama is old and yes they do have water in the pool, its quite nice, but old and very small. you will find something in khalifa cities a or b no views of the pylons from there.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by t.t
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience or insights on the following gated communities in Abu Dhabi:

Mangrove Village, Bloom Gardens, Palms Oasis, Golf Gardens, Al Qurm, Sas Al Nikhil, Al Raha Gardens.

Things like size, whether the development is complete or not, snagging issues and finishes, housing density/proximity, facilities for families/children, environment and outlook, community friendliness, pros and cons of location etc.

Any other names of similar communities that you could suggest i search on for accommodation would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
for 180 you will not get a place in mangrove village, bloom gardens, the hills, gold gardens, al qurm, maybe sas al la pylons and raha gardens there so you can narrow down your list really easily.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

t.t., if you send me your email address (by PM) I can send you a PDF which describes many of the compounds here. Someone posted it here on BE a few years ago now but I'm afraid I can't remember who in order to give the appropriate props.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:43 pm
t.t
Just Joined

t.t., if you send me your email address (by PM) I can send you a PDF which describes many of the compounds here. Someone posted it here on BE a few years ago now but I'm afraid I can't remember who in order to give the appropriate props.
Many thanks csdf, PM with email sent...
Old Mar 24th 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I posted that (assuming it is the same one - I've found it re-posted several times, on this and other boards, sometimes by people claiming credit for it, but I have never seen any other versions!). Happy to send it in "original" powerpoint to anyone who promises to update it and re-post it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.