Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AD Rentals - predictions?

AD Rentals - predictions?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Petrol Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AD Rentals - predictions?

Hi there. I have secured a good offer of employment in AD. I flew out for a visit almost a year ago but was surprised by the lack of available housing but I was told that rentals prices would be dropping in the future. If I accept,my start date will be a year from now. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I can expect rental prices to drop by the time I arrive or if they are likely to stay flat for the foreseeable future (I am referring to villas, not apartments)?
Many thanks
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:39 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AD Rentals - predictions?

Bloody hell, 2+ years to get you here, guess it must be substantial.

IMO rents will continue to drop on all property types. There's a vast amount of new properties coming onto the market, some already available but many will come in the next year. AD was near-impossible 18 months ago, difficult 8 months ago, but easing rapidly. Location will, of course, be a determining factor in the price you pay, but nevertheless everything will drop. By how much? Compared to a year ago, I'd say 25-50% in a year's time.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Bahtatboy - very useful thoughts. I guess 2 years may imply that but in reality its taken me a year to convince the wife!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:58 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wot's 'er problem? Moving from an island with some roads that are used as a race track to an island where all roads are used as a race track.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Ah the infamous UAE driving style. On that front, my wife will fit in extremely well, (she's an awful driver). Her procrastinations were more down to the slight difference in temperature!