British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   AD Hotel Accomodation near airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ad-hotel-accomodation-near-airport-567865/)

LynR Oct 18th 2008 6:13 am

AD Hotel Accomodation near airport

Good morning everyone

Can someone please recommend a good hotel near the Abu Dhabi airport - we arrive at some ungodly hour on Monday morning so dont want to do to much in the way of travelling to a hotel - just somewhere to sleep for a few hours.

Thanks

Blue Cat Oct 18th 2008 6:33 am

Re: AD Hotel Accomodation near airport

I am surprised the Company aren't organising this for you? very odd.

LynR Oct 18th 2008 6:42 am

The whole thing is a total mess to be honest - everything is happening so quickly and it seemed to go belly up when they advised my husband that they would arrange his trip and hubby got back saying that he would like to bring me along (going on the weekend instead of just for two days there and back) - as it would be the only chance to look around before we have to make a decision - they said that was fine but then your weekend came along and we now have to wait til tomorrow - I know it all sounds complicated and it is very frustrating but we must just go with the flow for the moment if we want to do this.

Blue Cat Oct 18th 2008 6:44 am

it's very typical of here, everything takes an age to get sorted :thumbdown:

outtatouch Oct 18th 2008 9:22 am

al raha beach hotel is closest

busybee2 Oct 18th 2008 9:25 am

who's paying:

cheapest: al mafraq hotel, tulip hotel, raha beach, shangrali (expensive)

hawkhead Oct 18th 2008 9:30 am

And there's a hotel actually in the airport.

LynR Oct 18th 2008 9:35 am

Thanks everyone - I think we will be paying for the first night and its only a few hours we need as we arrive at 00h35 which is a bind but cant be helped - will check out the hotels given and hopefully get something. Thanks ever so much

hawkhead Oct 18th 2008 9:39 am

00.35 isn't too bad - will only be 9.30pm for your body clock remember.

andrewpops Oct 19th 2008 7:37 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 6887333)
And there's a hotel actually in the airport.

If you haven't already - book now, like immediately as it's conference season in AD. One of our directors is staying in the Royal Meridian AD from Monday at 1800 Dhs per night and that (according to him) was the cheapest he could get in AD.

BTW, number for the airport hotel is +971 2 575 7377.

Grace O Malley Oct 19th 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by andrewpops (Post 6889162)
If you haven't already - book now, like immediately as it's conference season in AD. One of our directors is staying in the Royal Meridian AD from Monday at 1800 Dhs per night and that (according to him) was the cheapest he could get in AD.

BTW, number for the airport hotel is +971 2 575 7377.

AL Raha and Shangri la are quoting over 2200 per night for this week and next week.

Cost have gone mad!

MataHari Oct 19th 2008 11:06 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6889429)
AL Raha and Shangri la are quoting over 2200 per night for this week and next week.

Cost have gone mad!

we are staying at the Intercontinental this weekend, 1400 dhs....but we booked a few weeks ago...thankfully it seems...

Grace O Malley Oct 20th 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6889474)
we are staying at the Intercontinental this weekend, 1400 dhs....but we booked a few weeks ago...thankfully it seems...

yep Prob cause you booked in advance, we have a guest now at Inter cont today and tomorrow at 1900 dibs but only booked end of last week!

Total rip off