Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

Old May 27th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

So my husband got an email from his company today. It says:

To apply for new/renew a visa for dependents, part of the documentation required is the original Tenancy Contract with Tawteeq attestation (Municipality registration document). Staff who are not residents of Abu Dhabi but are holding Abu Dhabi visa will not be able to obtain visa/renew existing visa for their dependents if they are unable to produce this document.

So basically, if you work in AD but live in Dubai, you cannot sponsor your family. Does anybody know anything about this? It doesn't really affect us, but I am sure it will affect others.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

magmaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AD companies no longer sponsoring DBI residents, apparently...

Apparently it was only for government employees, but now private companies too. That's my guess.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magmaggy
Apparently it was only for government employees, but now private companies too. That's my guess.
Yes, my husband works for a private company.
Old May 27th 2013, 10:08 am
Naz
Just Joined

Naz is an unknown quantity at this point

So does this mean an influx of people into Abu Dhabi soon?
Old May 27th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Naz
So does this mean an influx of people into Abu Dhabi soon?
Almost certainly, yes. I remember when they introduced this rule for governement employees, lots of people had to move to AD.

I just wonder if the infrastructure is there to cope with a massive influx of people...
Old May 27th 2013, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I work in a private AD company with several thousand employees, mostly expats. According to my HR Dept (I've just asked them), private companies are not obliged to apply this policy. If your company is doing this it is because they have made that decision themselves. If the Govt is now expecting private companies to do the same, then no-one has told us yet - and we normally stick closely to the rules.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by archie159
I work in a private AD company with several thousand employees, mostly expats. According to my HR Dept (I've just asked them), private companies are not obliged to apply this policy. If your company is doing this it is because they have made that decision themselves. If the Govt is now expecting private companies to do the same, then no-one has told us yet - and we normally stick closely to the rules.
The issue is that you are required to provide an AD Tenancy Contract in order to sponsor your family and domestic staff.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
The issue is that you are required to provide an AD Tenancy Contract in order to sponsor your family and domestic staff.
No you are not, not by law at any rate (so I was told today). If you work for a private company, and they are telling you that, then it is their own policy. We have lots of people who have Dubai tenancy contracts, and are still being allowed to renew their family visas.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by archie159
No you are not, not by law at any rate (so I was told today). If you work for a private company, and they are telling you that, then it is their own policy. We have lots of people who have Dubai tenancy contracts, and are still being allowed to renew their family visas.
That's very interesting. Is yours a big company, Archie?
Old May 27th 2013, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't several people on this bored just got the cheapest tiniest place possible in AD and used that contract?
Old May 27th 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's very interesting. Is yours a big company, Archie?
Several hundred in our company, within several thousand in the parent group (who impose the rules) - both private, AD based. They are both pretty pedantic and law-abiding when it comes to HR regulations...
Old May 27th 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

as i am in ad i have had people that i know who have had to show their tenancy contract in order to renew dependents visas, but i have renewed ours after theres and we didnt, but they are changing the rules, as since i renewed a visa some 2 months ago, and now just in the process of doing another 1 this month, they are definately asking for different documents, such as fathers original id card which wasnt required for the other son some 2 months ago.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
as i am in ad i have had people that i know who have had to show their tenancy contract in order to renew dependents visas, but i have renewed ours after theres and we didnt, but they are changing the rules, as since i renewed a visa some 2 months ago, and now just in the process of doing another 1 this month, they are definately asking for different documents, such as fathers original id card which wasnt required for the other son some 2 months ago.
and breathe.
Old May 27th 2013, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
and breathe.
give her/him a break, 6 commas this time amigo!
Old May 27th 2013, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost certainly, yes. I remember when they introduced this rule for governement employees, lots of people had to move to AD.

I just wonder if the infrastructure is there to cope with a massive influx of people...
they are building more schools here, they are building more hospitals but i had also heard the rumour that it was now going to be applied to private companies, but who knows we all get different answers here sometimes i am sure that its coming......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.